Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

js1138

Re: Monkey Rok 5.7 - Updated 18/07/2012

Post by js1138 »

Some log file

MonkeyRok 5.7 started...

Panel enabled...
[OnPlayChange()]
SongID=-1
Skin before update...
Show header...
Showing statistics...
No filter
Not using the cache
(Header only)
OnOptionsChange event triggered...

Start of debug...
[OnPlayChange()]
SongID=-1
Skin before update...
Show header...
Showing statistics...
No filter
Not using the cache
(Header only)
OnChangedSelection event triggered...
[OnPlayChange()]
SongID=-1
Skin before update...
Show header...
Showing statistics...
No filter
Not using the cache
(Header only)
[OnPlayChange()]
SongID=-1
Skin before update...
Show header...
Showing statistics...
No filter
Not using the cache
(Header only)
[OnPlayChange()]
SongID=-1
Skin before update...
Show header...
Showing statistics...
No filter
Not using the cache
(Header only)
[OnPlayChange()]
SongID=-1
Skin before update...
Show header...
Showing statistics...
No filter
Not using the cache
(Header only)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

For the ActiveX settings... http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ex#p307044

The reason the song panel is blank is because it is set to show information about the track which is currently playing, and you aren't currently playing a track, so there's no information to show. The log indicates that it should be displaying the statistics though.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
js1138

Post by js1138 »

But I am playing a track.

When I play a track there is a brief star gif in the panel that goes away.

I have now edited the registry key 1201, set to 0 and restarted MM.
js1138

Post by js1138 »

I apologize somewhat. I can display statistics. so the next step is to display track info.
js1138

Post by js1138 »

I'm not trying to be difficult. I have invested a couple hundred hours ripping my CD collection, and I have a couple hundred more to go. I have tried about eight media players, and MM is the only one that comes close to having the interface I need. My collection is mostly classical, and I have to enter much of the metadata manually. MM is the first player I've found that is classical friendly. I will probably wind up scanning the covers and notes. I like the fact that it allows more than one image.

So it would be nice to have the metadata display while playing. If it could be done as a visualization I would gladly pay for it. Even as it is I could see paying if it works smoothly.

I find it odd that visualizations sometimes offer to display metadata, but only as a side item. Never as the main course, and never in a way that can be preset. What's the point of going through the pain of entering all that stuff if you can't see it?
js1138

Post by js1138 »

I'm a slow learner, but I'm beginning to get some results. I was playing directly from the file location without importing into the MM library. The library is just a nuisance for my purposes, because I will be swapping in USB drives often. But I'll figure it out eventually.

My big problem seems to be the seed field. It would be nice to be able to change the seed field on the fly. I don't understand what custom is. But it sure would be nice to be able to change the seed from artist to composer while playing.

My related problem is that the tags I got from freedb frequently suck. I will have to manually fix the tags on a thousand CDs. Key fields like artist, album artist and composer are often wrong or not what your program wants.
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

I also get the "Monkey Rok Was Not Installed" Message. MM version is 4.06 here

When I restart MM I get the following error:
MonkeyRok - Access denied to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\..\MonkeyRok\Skins' try running as administrator

When I click ok it gets me to the above mentioned blank explorer screen......

The MM skin is the original skin....
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thanasis wrote:I also get the "Monkey Rok Was Not Installed" Message. MM version is 4.06 here

MonkeyRok - Access denied to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\..\MonkeyRok\Skins' try running as administrator

When you installed you unchecked the "Install for current user only" box. If you uncheck that box you must install the addon with admin access.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Thank you nohitter151

I will try your suggestion when I go home, but I think it will only fix the second of the 2 mentioned errors.

The "Monkey Rok Was Not Installed" issue will not be fixed.

64bits Win 7
MM version is 4.06
SanMarc

Post by SanMarc »

Hi, Trixmoto,
I appreciate you updating this script.

I state that I like to use as first image (Img = 0) of each track the single (cd, 7",12", ect.) image, while for the album cover using the Front Cover (img = 3). This is very useful especially for the greatest hits album.
I noticed a little problem using Monkeyrok: every time I listen to an album, the album cover appears in Monkeyrok is always the same (first image of 1 track on the album), the same thing happens in the Panel selected o Playing track and in the Panel albums by artist. compilation by artist, etc.
It is possible to:
1) on playing track (or selected) is updated also the cover
2) make sure that the Panels album by artist/compilation by artist/etc. see the front cover and not the first image of first track on the album?

Thank you
great job
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There's a checkbox on the second settings panel to update the album cover for each track individually, if I remember correctly.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SanMarc

Post by SanMarc »

I tried both ways, selecting and not selecting the check box on the settings panel to update the album cover for each track individually, but nothing has changed...
vaclav

Post by vaclav »

Thanasis wrote:I also get the "Monkey Rok Was Not Installed" Message. MM version is 4.06 here

First run MM as Administrator and then double click on the addon. This worked for me while I was experiencing the same issue.
SanMarc

Post by SanMarc »

SanMarc wrote:Hi, Trixmoto,
I appreciate you updating this script.

I state that I like to use as first image (Img = 0) of each track the single (cd, 7",12", ect.) image, while for the album cover using the Front Cover (img = 3). This is very useful especially for the greatest hits album.
I noticed a little problem using Monkeyrok: every time I listen to an album, the album cover appears in Monkeyrok is always the same (first image of 1 track on the album), the same thing happens in the Panel selected o Playing track and in the Panel albums by artist. compilation by artist, etc.
It is possible to:
1) on playing track (or selected) is updated also the cover
2) make sure that the Panels album by artist/compilation by artist/etc. see the front cover and not the first image of first track on the album?

Thank you
great job
Hi, Trixmoto,
No suggestions make sure that the Panels album by artist/compilation by artist/etc. see the front cover and not the first image of first track on the album?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
trixmoto wrote:There's a checkbox on the second settings panel to update the album cover for each track individually, if I remember correctly.
I tried both ways, selecting and not selecting the check box on the settings panel to update the album cover for each track individually, but nothing has changed...
The checkbox "update the album cover for each track individually" take effect only if I delete these lines from the script Functions.vbs:

2803 If albumid > 0 Then
2804 Set pics = track.Album.AlbumArt
2805 End If

In fact, without these lines the cover shown in the information panel, change the selected track (or playing) is updated

I noticed, also, that if the selected track (or playing) has never been performed (nr of executions = 0) monkeyrok refresh info panel track, but all other panels (text, current albums by artist, album, etc.) do not update and still show the data of the previous song ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you always want to see the front cover, I assume you've set the "artwork mode" to "front" on the first options sheet?

The rest of the panels are album or artist based, so they only update when the album or artist changes. I know this means that some of the playcounts can occasionally be wrong, but it's designed this way to improve the performance.