Auto Beats DJ 1.4 - Updated 12/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MusicBringer

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010

Post by MusicBringer »

oh dear I am not getting on very well with this script :(
I have run MixMeister BPM thingy over quite a few artists - and Rescanned those in MM - and the BPMs show alright in MM.
I have installed the script and it shows in my Tools?Extension list.

Now where do I find the drop down list.
I can see nothing added to Tools>Options>Player>Auto-DJ.
Auto-DJ is enabled.
Play>Auto-DJ is ticked.
Where am I going wrong.

[Running as Administrator in Win7x64]
MediaMonkey user since 2006
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well you're on the right panel and as far as I remember there only is one dropdown list.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Alright I found it now thanks trixmoto :)
The trouble is this wretched HUGE FONTS issue which is so tiresome yet very few people understand the anguish it causes.
This is a prime example; the drop down list did not display in way that it could be read, so I failed to see the AutoDJ entry - right at the bottom :roll: .

I have set the tolerance to 150 yet the now playing list shows tracks of merely 73 or 85 BPMs.
I have never made any filters.

I have spent a lot of time on this but as yet fail to see any benefit to me :-?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well if the tolerance is set that high then it would be just choosing any track randomly, I'd recommend setting it much much lower.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Hello trixmoto, I have been playing with this BPM malarky over the past couple of days.
Firstly I have had to run that MixMeister thingy across all my library- and that is taking forever; I have started leaving it running over night now. Still not finished.

Interesting early results are that my lowest readings (65-75) are coming from the 1972 Bowie LP: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. Whereas it is not reporting anything over 200BPM. (Why?) And I can see no real pattern of Artist nor Genres at this level.

And I think I am getting the hang of this Tolerance business now. Following your suggestion I have set it to just 3 and I can now see future tracks at the same BPM as the track playing.
When I select a track to play the Auto-DJ then picks tracks at the same BPM as the new track. Clever stuff.
I am no HipHop-DJ but I do make what were always called "mix tapes" and I think this will help in programming the play order in future. Thanks for your help. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well my guess the reason you're not getting anything over 200 BPM is because this is pretty fast, unless you're a big speedcore or gabber music fan. Sometimes the results are wrong by a factor, like twice as fast or twice as slow - this is caused by different time signatures. As the music itself needs to be analysed to count the beats, it will take time to do this.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Bex wrote:Mixshare's Rapid Evolution claims to detect BPM, and it works on FLAC as well:
I haven't tested it yet though.
Hello Bex, Wow this 5yr old software is messy to use. I read and re-read their site instructions but it just didn't want to know. Un-installed it now. Nice idea but sorry to say no good, well, no good to me.

So what program do we use to assign BPM to FLAC files, please.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, I couldn't get it to work either.... :(
It's the only program I found that claims it can scan FLAC files for BPM.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Thanks for trying Bex :)
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

trixmoto, I am beginning to get on with this now.
Surprising how once it gets going you tend to hear similar style songs following each other. Neat.
One little tweak I would like please. Any chance you can tell the script not to play tracks that have been played before. Thanks :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I should be able to include it in the sort order so that it selects unplayed tracks over played tracks.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Sounds good to me.
I'll await your update.
Thanks trixmoto :)
trixmoto

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.1 - Updated 01/05/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.1) is now available to download from my website. I have fixed the selection algorithm so that it favours unplayed tracks.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Ah!
I have only just spotted this.
Thanks trixmoto .
Works a treat :)
Beats me how you can do it. Beats. Geddit. Oh Nevermind, ha ha.
:lol:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hey, Trixmoto, good script. I'd like to request the ability to also choose Auto-Playlists instead of just Filters.