Automount image file

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

pdoggie

Automount image file

Post by pdoggie »

I am a newbie and totally green to scripting (but do have a visual basic compiler) so I have no idea how to impliment my idea.

I have my whole CD library on a hard drive. Each CD is a Nero Image (*.nrg) file. I have mounted each image and added each of the CDs tracks and Album Art to the Media Monkey database via auto-tag tools provided.

By associating *.nrg files to Nero Image Drive, I first mount the image by clicking on the image file in windows Explorer. Then by having Media Monkey as the default Auto-play application for the Nero image drive, the CD image is mounted and begins playing automatically with Media Monkey.

I want to eliminate the need to mount the file manually and want to write a script that will do this for me, but have no clue how to do this.

I already added a custom field ("Image Name") to my track list that holds the path/filename to the Nero Image file. So I ASSume that all is needed is a script that would take that path/filename and run it in Windows (i.e .mount the image to the Nero Image Drive) and begin playing it.

Could someone PLEASSSSSE tell me how to create a script that will use the "Image Name" field (if it's not blank) to automatically mount the image (and start playing the CD) when any of the CDs (or tracks from that CD) in the database is selected?

Thanks in advance:)
parkint

Post by parkint »

You have the drive mounted on the default open action (i.e. a double click), if so the following code fragment should be able to mount an image.

Code: Select all

Set wshshell = wscript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wshshell.run ("d:\scratch\scripts\image.nrg")
Obviously the image would have to be located at the path above for this snippet to work.