Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.2 (2013-08-31) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata 2.1 (2011-11-15[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:This puzzles me. "Property Get isAutoplaylist As Boolean" so why would anyone test IsAutoPlaylist for a numeric rather than bool?
I was not talking about MM API, but about SQLite database field. SQLite does not have a separate Boolean storage class. Instead, Boolean values are stored as integers 0 (false) and 1 (true): http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:I was not talking about MM API, but about SQLite database field.
Meaning the script peeks the DB direct rather than use the API?
Chris
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:Meaning the script peeks the DB direct rather than use the API?
Exactly.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

ZvezdanD wrote:
chrisjj wrote:Meaning the script peeks the DB direct rather than use the API?
Exactly.
Ah, now I see that the script does both.

In one place it uses the API, testing TRUE and FALSE.

In others it reads the DB direct, guessing what numeric values might represent TRUE and FALSE. This is asking for trouble, surely.
Chris
jvondelft

Re: Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.2 (2013-08-31) [MM3+]

Post by jvondelft »

Hello,

I tried to use your add-on for synchronizing a local MM database on my notebook and a database stored on a NAS . (The notebook needs its own database to be portable.) The NAS version is used on my desktop computer.
But when new tracks are added to the notebook-DB the addon does not copy these records to the backup file. (The audio files were already copied to the NAS via the FreeFileSync-Tool.)
I already studied the posts about the add-on in the forum. Is it right that your add-on cannot do this? Do you plan to implement ths feature? Or do I have to I select a special option?

Thank you very much!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

jvondelft wrote:when new tracks are added to the notebook-DB the addon does not copy these records to the backup file.
You are right, currently this add-on cannot do that. It could synchronize only data from the database that I mentioned in the first post of this thread, i.e. playilsts, playing info, metadata, ... It synchronizes those data only for tracks that already exist in both databases (although they could have different paths and/or some other tags).

I though to add copying of records about tracks to the Songs table, but nobody asked about that before so I just postponed that. Anyway, if you want to have identical databases with only difference in paths of contained tracks, then maybe it would be easier to use the Update Location of Files in Database add-on instead.
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

Hi, I encountered an issue with the plugin when restoring the db
In some posts in another section I got first a problem with nested items which disappeared. So, I tried to restore the db to recover the items but I failed.
Here is a copy of the last post and the screencapture. Thank you for your help
Plugin installed. It does not work. MM says database locked. No track was played in the same time of the backup process.
Get woke, go broke !!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thamesvalley wrote:Hi, I encountered an issue with the plugin when restoring the db
In some posts in another section I got first a problem with nested items which disappeared. So, I tried to restore the db to recover the items but I failed.
Here is a copy of the last post and the screencapture. Thank you for your help
Plugin installed. It does not work. MM says database locked. No track was played in the same time of the backup process.
That message could mean that some another program or even some another instance of the MediaMonkey is accessing the same database in the same time. If you didn't start another instance of MediaMonkey, you should check with the Task Manager if some MediaMonkey process is left in the memory which causes that locking and kill it, or you could just restart the computer.

However, after reading the mentioned thread I am not sure if you already have some backup of the database. If you don't have it, then you cannot restore your missing playlists. You didn't specify the current database in the "Backup database file" text box, right? If you specify your current (active) database instead of the backup, I suppose that you could get the mentioned error message as well. Please read the first post of this thread and the section about the limitations and requirement for this add-on.
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

Yes MM is on memory since I need it to use the add-on.
I have a database file made by a plug-in named "backup" I specified the current database in the "Backup database file" text box
So, my problem consists to restore the nested items. I have not lost any audio datas. This is just for the nested items.
I dont know the reason it disappeared. The problem appeared from nowhere.
The plugin mentioned above is setted to make automatically a backup at shutdown.
So, If I could not specify the active database, what can I do ? The program asks : would you restore in the active database and that's all. Either I accept, nor I cancel.
What is the solution ?
Get woke, go broke !!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thamesvalley wrote:Yes MM is on memory since I need it to use the add-on.
I am not talking about the active instance of the program in which you started the add-on. You could have two instances in the memory, e.g. if the last one crushed in which case it is not visible, but still left in the memory accessing the same database.
Thamesvalley wrote:I specified the current database in the "Backup database file" text box
As I said, you should not do that. Here is the excerpt from the Important section of the first post of this thread: "This add-on could only restore data from/to some backup file, it cannot restore the current database with itself. You need to have already made the backup file before you get some problem with the current database - nothing can be done if you don't have it."
Thamesvalley wrote:The plugin mentioned above is setted to make automatically a backup at shutdown.
So, If I could not specify the active database, what can I do ?
I am not using the mentioned Backup add-on, but I think that it stores the database file and other settings into some Zip archive. So you could open that Zip file, unpack MM.DB file to some temporary folder and then you should specify that file in the "Backup database file" text box.
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

The zip funcitonality is disabled. There is no zip file created.
I already a file named mm.db
I have to specify, the backup is setted to be done at the program shutdown.
So, I did not realize the problem at once and so, the last backups were made with the problem.
I suppose, restore to db file will not solve my issue.
I will not risk to create again new playlist knowing they can disappear anytime with no reason.
Could that be possible for you to access my computer through Teamviewer ?

PS : I added a location and everything is ok. I see the nested items.
Get woke, go broke !!
Thamesvalley

How to restore a .DB file ?

Post by Thamesvalley »

Hi,
I need to restore a large .DB file which is 130MB.
I always get the error messge.
Could you help me please ? I really need to restore this one.
Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Get woke, go broke !!
Lowlander

Re: How to restore a .DB file ?

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using an Addon to restore? The error is from an Addon.
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

Hi,
Yes, I use an addon. See screenshot here-after
Get woke, go broke !!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thamesvalley wrote:I need to restore a large .DB file which is 130MB.
I always get the error messge.
Strange, that error should not be there on that line. The only thing that comes to my mind about it is that you have broken backup database file.

If you want that I fix this bug, please pack your backup and current (before import) database files with Zip, upload that archive to some file server like Dropbox and send me a link to it in PM, so I could try to reproduce the problem by myself.