Last.fm Scrobbler help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler help

Post by nohitter151 »

nonob wrote:Hi :)

I just discover that my lastfm addon on my MMW seems to scrobble tracks read from UPNP client too.

Can you confirm that ?
Is there a way to exclude upnp client scrobbling, and better, by device ?

Thanks
Unfortunately no way to disable yet:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8154
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, UPnP plays are scrobbled too. I presume if you disable the option to update play counts that it stops scrobbling too.
nonob

Post by nonob »

nohitter151 wrote:
nonob wrote:Hi :)

I just discover that my lastfm addon on my MMW seems to scrobble tracks read from UPNP client too.

Can you confirm that ?
Is there a way to exclude upnp client scrobbling, and better, by device ?

Thanks
Unfortunately no way to disable yet:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8154
Ok. I tried to register to this MantisBT to be notified about changes but i can't. Is it reserved to administrators ?
Yes, UPnP plays are scrobbled too. I presume if you disable the option to update play counts that it stops scrobbling too.
Where is this settings ? I searched in lastfm addon settings but didn't found it.
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
theTopher

Post by theTopher »

Just to pitch in, the only way I could get a Win10 system with MM 4.1.1 was to revert to extension 1.0.2.29

Tried about everything prior to that.
nightwater

Post by nightwater »

theTopher wrote:Just to pitch in, the only way I could get a Win10 system with MM 4.1.1 was to revert to extension 1.0.2.29

I've tried just about everything to get the last.fm extension working on Win10 also. Do you know where I can find that older version?
nightwater

Post by nightwater »

nightwater wrote:
theTopher wrote:Just to pitch in, the only way I could get a Win10 system with MM 4.1.1 was to revert to extension 1.0.2.29

I've tried just about everything to get the last.fm extension working on Win10 also. Do you know where I can find that older version?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. My clock was wrong and that was preventing scrobbling.
rc5

Post by rc5 »

Windows 10: I turned off Set Time Automatically on my system clock and moved it forward like 7 minutes or so (to match the time on my phone) and that fixed all my problems :)
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

nightwater wrote:

Yeah, I had to go back to v1.0.2.29 also. It works fine.

@nightwater
Here is v1.0.2.29.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I just retested Latest and 1.0.2.29 and both works for me.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dashmaster

Post by Dashmaster »

On MM 4.1.9 with Win8. The extension had been working fine but is no longer, for no reason I can think of. I didn't fiddle with the settings or anything. I've tried both versions of the extension, reentered my correct last.fm logon info, checked the boxes correctly, the icon is green, etc etc but it no longer scrobbles. Basically I've tried everything except reinstalling MM. The cache is still getting larger as I play tracks. (Although I don't know how to view the cache, is there a way to do this?) Any ideas?
Dashmaster

Post by Dashmaster »

Changing my last.fm password and updating the script with the new login info finally worked.
Rattrocker

Post by Rattrocker »

Anyone else have the issue where Album Artist isn't scrobbled with version 1.1.0.41 with MediaMonkey 4.1.11? '
If I scrobble a various artists album (or anything where the artist and album artist don't match) the artist metadata overwrites the album artist metadata. I am assuming this is because the scrobbler doesn't look at the album artist tag at all and last.fm guesses and sets the album artist as the same as the artist. I know Last.fm can accept album artist tags as using the universal scrobbler allows this.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Yes, same problem here. I don't know, but didn't it work fine in the past? Or maybe I just didn't realize it earlier.
Rattrocker

Post by Rattrocker »

I don't remember if it ever worked fine. Before I went and cleaned up my scrobbles recently I noticed that more or less all my scrobbles for tracks with different artist and album artist tags have their album artist listed as the artist so this has been an issue since at least the last time this plugin was updated (2014 I think). Prior to using this plugin I was using the last.fm desktop client but that doesn't seem to work with mediamonkey anymore. It'd be pretty nice to get the plugin fixed since it's not a problem with last.fm's API. For now there aren't really any good alternatives besides hand entering info with the universal scrobbles so all we can really do is wait (or write a new plugin).

Edit:
I just tried scrobbling on the Android version of Last.fm and it has the same issues with the Simple scrobbler, ScrobbleDroid, and the official Last.fm scrobbler for android. None of them report the album artist correctly. Perhaps all have the same issue as the MediaMonkey Windows plugin or it could be an issue with MediaMonkey for Windows and Android not reporting properly to the scrobbler or potentially an issue with Last.fm and their API(which I earlier ruled out in this same post).
Khazidhea

Post by Khazidhea »

The last.fm scrobble stopped working for me sometime last year (August I think). Since then I've tried multiple times to fix this, testing most options that I've seen here and elsewhere. I think I've narrowed it down to a "Last.fm handshake bad system clock time", but haven't found any helpful options to deal with this. I'm in Australia, so when I use my normal timezone it doesn't work, but when I switch timezones to an American one it does. This is a feature I have used a lot, but I've no interest in changing my systems timezone periodically just to update my scrobbling list.