Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.6 (2012-01-09)[M

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey still has the same basic export, although I believe it depends on context or method if absolute or relative paths are used (try Tools > Scripts > Export all Playlist and File > Export to Playlist).
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

Blutarsky wrote:That's how I'm currently using it.

However in version MM v4 I see some (for me) new sync options,such as:
- force relative paths
- use extended M3u

Two options unavailable in MM 3.x; reason why I moved to to script.....

In my case (relative paths and extended paths) could be enough to stop using the script.... I should try a sync and see what happens

Yes, I can confirm that the settings in MM 4 now allow for proper playlist sync to the device, with relative path and extended M3U format! Great! One step less when synchronizing!

Post by Guest »

Love the addon, but getting into difficulties trying syncing with XBMC. XBMC needs 'special://profile/playlists' as a path instead of 'D:'. I can't use the replace function for that.

Any suggestions?
SanderBroek

Post by SanderBroek »

Guest wrote:Love the addon, but getting into difficulties trying syncing with XBMC. XBMC needs 'special://profile/playlists' as a path instead of 'D:'. I can't use the replace function for that.

Any suggestions?
That guest is me :)
-----
Gold MM user
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

Hi,

This will probably be a stupid question but what does "Selected node doesn't have any child node" when I right click on one of my playlists on my NAS to try and export the playlist to a folder on my PC's or Netbook?...
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

JayLaFunk wrote:This will probably be a stupid question but what does "Selected node doesn't have any child node" when I right click on one of my playlists on my NAS to try and export the playlist to a folder on my PC's or Netbook?...
I'd guess you're trying to export the single selected playlist but are using the Export M3Us for Child nodes command instead of the Export to Playlist... command you need.
Chris
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

chrisjj wrote:
JayLaFunk wrote:This will probably be a stupid question but what does "Selected node doesn't have any child node" when I right click on one of my playlists on my NAS to try and export the playlist to a folder on my PC's or Netbook?...
I'd guess you're trying to export the single selected playlist but are using the Export M3Us for Child nodes command instead of the Export to Playlist... command you need.
Yes, used the one mentioned Export to Playlist... command and saved the individual playlist to where I want it but had to name it again, is there a way to save all the playlists in my NAS playlist folder to save me doing each one at a time?...
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

JayLaFunk wrote:is there a way to save all the playlists in my NAS playlist folder to save me doing each one at a time?...
This should do:

Chris
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

chrisjj wrote:
JayLaFunk wrote:is there a way to save all the playlists in my NAS playlist folder to save me doing each one at a time?...
This should do:

Cheers, That was what I was meaning in my previous post but when I clicked on it, I was getting the message "Selected node doesn't have any child node", does it make any difference that my playlists are on my NAS?, when I look at my playlists in MM database (Imported Playlists) they are listed correctly but are all blank, I've been told that is because the path is not recognized, I though that Export M3Us/Create Playlists might have had a way round to save my NAS playlists to my PC's/netbook...
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

JayLaFunk wrote:That was what I was meaning in my previous post but when I clicked on it, I was getting the message "Selected node doesn't have any child node", does it make any difference that my playlists are on my NAS?
If these playlists are really on your NAS, then I doubt that you are clicking the Playlists as in my pic (updated to clarify). Please show a pic.
JayLaFunk wrote:, when I look at my playlists in MM database (Imported Playlists) they are listed correctly but are all blank, I've been told that is because the path is not recognized, I though that Export M3Us/Create Playlists might have had a way round to save my NAS playlists to my PC's/netbook...
I think exporting blank playlists is going to get you only exported blank playlists.
Chris
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

chrisjj wrote:
JayLaFunk wrote:That was what I was meaning in my previous post but when I clicked on it, I was getting the message "Selected node doesn't have any child node", does it make any difference that my playlists are on my NAS?
If these playlists are really on your NAS, then I doubt that you are clicking the Playlists as in my pic (updated to clarify). Please show a pic.
JayLaFunk wrote:, when I look at my playlists in MM database (Imported Playlists) they are listed correctly but are all blank, I've been told that is because the path is not recognized, I though that Export M3Us/Create Playlists might have had a way round to save my NAS playlists to my PC's/netbook...
I think exporting blank playlists is going to get you only exported blank playlists.
Sorry my mistake, I'm getting confused with all the things I'm trying :oops: that happens when I click on a single playlist to export, I get the message "Selected node doesn't have any child node" if I click on the Playlist folder it gives me the option where to send it as in the image but when I do that and check the folder on my netbook, there is nothing in that folder, this is the image of my Playlist folder with my playlists in on my NAS drive...

OK, I understand that if I export a blank playlist, the result will be a blank playlist, this is a image of my imported playlists in my MM database/library, they are not empty on my NAS so how do I get them to show what is in them instead of being blank...

This is an image of my playlists under "Imported Playlists" which show blank

This is an image of my playlists on my NAS which show correctly, how do I get this to show in "Imported Playlists"?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Rather than right-click on playlists why don't you just right-click and export child nodes for the node that actually shows the tracks (eg under the 'my computer' node)?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

nohitter151 wrote:Rather than right-click on playlists why don't you just right-click and export child nodes for the node that actually shows the tracks (eg under the 'my computer' node)?
This is the path to my Playlists on my NAS under My Computer node - W:\[Public]\04 Music\01Playlists\(Any Playlist) I have tried what you say Export M3Us\Create Playlists\Export M3Us For Child Nodes and as I say I get the message "Selected node doesn't have any child node"...
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

JayLaFunk wrote: when I click on a single playlist to export, I get the message "Selected node doesn't have any child node"
Same here.
JayLaFunk wrote: if I click on the Playlist folder it gives me the option where to send it as in the image but when I do that and check the folder on my netbook, there is nothing in that folder
Same here. I think on these items this script just does not work and the presence of its menu command is in error.
JayLaFunk wrote: This is an image of my playlists under "Imported Playlists" which show blank

This is an image of my playlists on my NAS which show correctly, how do I get this to show in "Imported Playlists"?
Since this question is unrelated to this script, I suggest you ask it in a new topic in http://forum.mediamonkey.com/viewforum.php?f=1.
Chris
JayLaFunk

Post by JayLaFunk »

chrisjj wrote:
Since this question is unrelated to this script, I suggest you ask it in a new topic in http://forum.mediamonkey.com/viewforum.php?f=1.
OK, cheers, I'll leave it for now as I am downing too many headache pills :) ...