Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

delu

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.3 (2010-07-13)[MM

Post by delu »

This looks the perfect add-on for sync-ing SD cards, but I get a "Product Installation Error" on install. Has anyone got it working on a Mac through VMware (or other Win emulator)? I assume it is a Mac problem, given that Mac's are so obstinately stuck in that crappy 90s experience.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

delu wrote: I get a "Product Installation Error" on install. Has anyone got it working on a Mac through VMware (or other Win emulator)?
What is your guest OS inside of virtual machine? If it is Vista or Win 7, then make sure you have MM set to "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
delu

Post by delu »

ZvezdanD wrote: What is your guest OS inside of virtual machine? If it is Vista or Win 7, then make sure you have MM set to "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.
You got it in one - now installs perfectly. Equally impressive is your response time to my question. Many thanks ZvezdanD, your effort is very much appreciated.
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

FEATURE REQUEST:

Hi ZvezdanD - thanks for your hard work!

I have one feature suggestion/request: would it be possible to add an option the script that uses forward slashes in the path instead of a backslash?

The reasons why this would be useful:
-Mac and Linux use the forward slash - so people running MM in a virtual machine would be able to export playlists that work with any media player on their system!
-some hardware players require forward slashes in playlists, e.g. the Archos 504: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 9&p=203714

This feature would make MediaMonkey much more useful for people who access the same music collection from different points/devices/operating systems!

Or is this already possible with the script and regular expressions? (I don't understand at all how the "use regular expressions" option works...)

cheers,

Christian
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

wutzin wrote:would it be possible to add an option the script that uses forward slashes in the path instead of a backslash?

Or is this already possible with the script and regular expressions? (I don't understand at all how the "use regular expressions" option works...)
Yes, it is already possible either using the option "Unix .m3u file format" or "Replace paths in .m3u files". If you use Replace paths option you don't need to know regular expression, just specify "\" in the first text box and "/" in the "with" text box with regex turned off (if you turn it on, then you need to specify "\\" in the first box because "\" is a special character in regular expressions). However, for your request it is much simpler to just turn on the Unix option and you would get .m3u files with slashes (and LF instead of CR+LF).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

Yes, it is already possible either using the option "Unix .m3u file format" or "Replace paths in .m3u files"
Oh, turns out I had an older version that didn't include the "Unix" option. Works wonderfully with the current version - thanks so much for your effort!

(finally no more need to fire up my virtual machine just to play a party playlist I have created in MediaMonkey!)

:D
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Hello,
This tool seems quite powerful and flexible, but unfortunately, the options are a bit complex and I am no programmer so I don't understand what "regular expressions" are.

Let me describe what I want to achieve:

I have MM on a laptop, with music organized in an /Artist/Album/Song.mp3 hierarchy. I use Syncback to synch the same file structure to my home NAS.

Our HTPC in the living room uses XBMC, which requires that music playlists be placed in a specific folder (for Win7 it is /User/Appdata/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/playlists/music/).

I want to use this tool to export all playlists in MM on my laptop into this folder on the HTPC (the folder is of course shared on my home network). I have done that without problems, but I can't get the resulting .m3u files to refer to the files on the NAS.

I tried to use the option to "Replace paths in .m3u files" and entering the path of the music folder on the NAS in the second box (N:/music/), but this replaces the entire path, i.e. does not preserve my folder hierarchy. I have gathered that I might be able to change the code in the first box to make it preserve this hierarchy, but the code is Greek to me and I have no idea how to change it!

For example:
C:\Users\TJOHO\Music\Various Artists\Trainspotting\00_Iggy Pop_Lust For Life.mp3 should change to N:\Music\Various Artists\Trainspotting\00_Iggy Pop_Lust For Life.mp3 but instead changes to N:\Music\00_Iggy Pop_Lust For Life.mp3.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
T
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

TJOHO wrote:This tool seems quite powerful and flexible, but unfortunately, the options are a bit complex and I am no programmer so I don't understand what "regular expressions" are.
If you want to replace paths in .m3u files you don't need to know/use the Regular expressions (take a look at my last post in this thread). Just turn off the RegEx option and use simple strings as you use the Replace option in Notepad or any other program, i.e. in the first text box (Replace paths...) you should specify string that you want to replace and in the second text box (with:) you should specify with which you want to replace that string. However, such approach could be applied only if you have similar structure of folders in the laptop and HTPC, with only difference in the drive letter and/or topmost folders. In that case you also need to turn off the Relative paths in .m3u files option. So, you could try with this:

Replace paths in .m3u files: C:\Users\TJOHO\Music\
with: N:\Music\

Simple, isn't it? Of course, if you want to export all .m3u files into one folder you should choose the Export to single folder option.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

He he, that is easy!

I guess all the code that was in the first box by default was the confusing part.
Because of that code, I failed to realize that it was a simple search and replace type interface.

Now it all works perfectly! Thanks so much for this invaluable addon! :D
oddity

Post by oddity »

Hi,
I am getting the following error when I enable "automatically export playlists":

Error #424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required 'oTimer'
File "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ExportM3UsForSunNodes.vbs", Line: 1193, Column: 8

Any ideas how I can fix this?
Thanks
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

oddity wrote:I am getting the following error when I enable "automatically export playlists"
Thanks for the report. Are you getting that error only when you close MediaMonkey?
oddity

Post by oddity »

ZvezdanD wrote:
oddity wrote:I am getting the following error when I enable "automatically export playlists"
Thanks for the report. Are you getting that error only when you close MediaMonkey?
I get that error when closing mediamonkey if I have 'automatically export playlists' set to operate on exit.
If I set 'automatically export playlists' to work on startup or timer there is no error but the playlists are not exported.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

oddity wrote:If I set 'automatically export playlists' to work on startup or timer there is no error but the playlists are not exported.
Well, such behavior is not expected and I think that you found something more than the mentioned bug. Could you post the screenshot of the add-on's settings in the Options dialog box?
oddity

Post by oddity »

ZvezdanD wrote:
oddity wrote: Could you post the screenshot of the add-on's settings in the Options dialog box?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84065/mm.png

Something else that I did not mention is that the field labelled "From:" where I select the playlist to be exported always shows up as blank whenever I go into the options screen. ie i go into options, select a playlist to be exported ('RecentPodcasts' in the screenshot) and then click OK, but when I return to the options screen, the "from:" field has reverted back to being blank.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

oddity wrote:Something else that I did not mention is that the field labelled "From:" where I select the playlist to be exported always shows up as blank whenever I go into the options screen. ie i go into options, select a playlist to be exported ('RecentPodcasts' in the screenshot) and then click OK, but when I return to the options screen, the "from:" field has reverted back to being blank.
Good thing that you mentioned that, since this cannot be seen from the screenshot (thanks for it). The last selected playlist should be remembered and displayed when you open the Options dialog box and this is most probably the reason why you didn't get any playlist exported on startup and on timer. Could you open c:\Documents and Settings\Your_name\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini file in Notepad and take a look at the ExportPlaylistsFrom key in the [ExportM3UsForChildNodes] section after you confirm the modification of the playlist name in the Options dialog box? It should has the same playlist name you entered, but if it is not there then we have some another problem here. Do you have installed some another add-on?