MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.53 [MM3] - (2010-12-14) (small fixes)

Post by twinbee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Santadog, I've made it default now so that the MegaDJ note starts collapsed on startup.

davidrsvp: Apologies about that one (the & thing) - can't believe it slipped through for so long. I've fixed it for the latest release v2.53 which you can get from here as usual:

http://www.skytopia.com/software/megadj/

FileLength<23000000 sounds good to me. Either that, or you could custom tag those particular files and include a term in MegaDJ to exclude those.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:14 am

Much thanks~ :wink:

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Just started using this script and so far I really like it. Thank you for the hard work. It seems very complicated but I'm working my way thru it.

pfranken

Post by pfranken » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:13 am

I'm just discovering MediaMonkey's powers and this MegaDJ sure fills in some gaps. Excellent work.

But of course I have some questions. Can you please help ?

1)
I want to filer out all 2nd level directories that start with an underscore.
(kerst OR Christmas OR xmas) AND SongPath!~'Our Music\_ AND SongPath!~'(unsorted)'
But that does not work. As if the underscore is totally ignored I don't get to see any tracks. If I make it 'Our Music\_Jingles' then is does what's expected, it filters out the _Jingles directory.

2)
Is there a syntax description somewhere ? Guessing the field names is not my strong point. I did find http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _structure but is that usable 1 on 1 ?

3)
How can I inlude playlists in the equations ? AutoPlayLists ?

All of the above I want to use for making an AutoMDJ list that plays Christmas music. Some is stored in a special '_Kerst' folder, others just have a string in their title I want to match and a further set I just want to add manually to a playlist that is included in the AutoMDJ view.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Happy Holidays.

pfranken

Post by pfranken » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:20 am

PS Nice feature would be .... or ... Is it possible to ...

Use a AutoMDJ condition/script in a 'Filter' ?
So I can 'See' what songs are filtered and where they live in my Library. More than flat in the list, in a nice treeview.

Cheers

twinbee

Post by twinbee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi pfranken, glad you like the prog!

1: This seems like a bug, caused by the special char just before the end quote. Well found. I'll investigate this asap.

2: Click the drop box next to the "Query filter" text. Select something, and it'll add to the query box. They're all listed in that drop box.

3: Not possible to communicate with other playlists apart from in the context of the special "rotation" playlist node.

Not sure what you mean by the last post, but I doubt if it would be possible, like 3... perhaps there's another way to go about it?
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.

pfranken

Post by pfranken » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi twinbee,

1: You're welcome.

2: I'll get used to the syntax eventually. I'm the type of person that first reads the quick reference guide of any software before starting. Then some examples. So I was looking for those. But I'm sure that trial will get me a long way too.

3: The 'filter' I mean : MediaMonkey's 'File - Manage Filters' menu. I use it to look at subsets of my library. Typically I keep them simple, just an Auto Playlist. that in it's turn is then complex to get me all .. christmas songs for example.
It allows me to see all MM's standard nodes for the filtered set only. So only locations, artists, albums, etc in the normal tree structure, rather then in a 'flat' list of tracks as a playlist typically is.
I now have to use combinations of 3-5 AutoPlaylists to get what I want. An MegaDJ script would do that in one go. So I'm eager to get that in my wishlist for you.

Thanks,
Peter

twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.54 [MM3] - (2011-01-03) (escape char added)

Post by twinbee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi,
Okay updated to v2.54.

About the underscore bug, basically _ acts as a wildcard character (and for that matter, % acts as a wild card for multiple chars/words).

This is a standard feature of SQLite from which MegaDJ is based. I've now included an escape character, so just insert the symbol @ before the underscore, and you're good to go. For more details, see the dropdown presets 35 and 36.

As for point 3, would it solve your issue if I added a feature to enable one MegaDJ node to call another MegaDJ node as part of its criteria?
You probably know this, but just to clarify in case: almost anything an AutoPlaylist can do, MegaDJ can do as well, and a lot more.

Download instructions in my sig's URL (same as before).

Happy new year to all!

loubob73

Post by loubob73 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:42 am

I just downloaded MegaDJ. I am not a programmer. I took a logic class in college about 15 years ago :) Anyway, this program is confusing me. Maybe someone could help me with a relatively simple command. I'd like to make a playlist of all of my 4 and 5 star rated songs, but would like to limit the number of songs by any given artist to a certain number or percentage. For example, I'd like the program to return a list of 50 songs, but have no more than two songs by any single artist.
The first part (4 and 5 star rated songs) is easy enough (rating>=4), but I can't figure out how to limit the number of songs by each artist. I can limit the number of songs by a specific artist, by typing if(Artist = "Bob Dylan", 0.5, 1), but I want to limit the number of songs by any artist.

I'm excited about this program. I can definitely see spending a lot of time with it once I get a better grasp of how to use the commands. Thanks for all your hard work on this program.

twinbee

Post by twinbee » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:48 am

Hi thanks for the thanks! Unfortunately, it isn't possible to limit the artists in the way you've described, but a few people seem to ask for that feature, so (grumble), it's something I'll have to at least consider.

In the meantime, MagicNodes should do what you want.

loubob73

Post by loubob73 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks for your quick response. I'll try MagicNodes and see if that works.

Triponi

Post by Triponi » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Hey TwinBee,

I've been using MegaDj for many years now and think it's just awesome (Iactually helped you debug some earlier versions afew years ago too!). MegaDJ is the only reason I use MediaMonkey!! Anyway I just thought I add my voice to a feature request. I seem to remember it being proposed in some form before I think, but I'm not sure...?

Basically I use very complicated queries to "randomly" generate play lists based on a whole number of factors - exactly what MegaDJ is ideal for. But now occassionally I want to listen to whole albums rether than just tracks. So what I'd like is to be able to "sum up"/average the weightings of tracks in an album to get a weighting for each album. These albums would then be randomly sequenced as a consecutive block of songs (i.e. in track # order).In other words listen to whole albums, but the ordering of the albums is based on the math/query filter criteria.

Anyway it's no biggie - but it'd be exceptionally cool :-) What d'ya think?

Triponi

Peke

Post by Peke » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Nice update TwinBee.

I reread your Rematch again and I can't stop wondering if you would make "Battle of the Players: The Evolution" with adding SongBird to the equation. You put very good and objective test and maybe it is time to see what companies made to improve.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

twinbee

Post by twinbee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Triponi, hey long time no speak, thanks for the support and request! That feature sounds like it may be a nightmare to implement, due to the structuring of the program. And it's kinda sorta related to the other feature requests, but not quite the same. Basically if I were going to go ahead, I'd want to implement things in a way which unified all requests into one type of solution, as cleanly and concisely as possible, but which covers the ground needed to allow all/most requests.

I can't promise anything, but what I'll do is collect all similar requests from this thread into one pile, maybe wait until I get around a couple more, mull over them, and think about the best way to implement it.

Peke, thanks too for your comments and suggestion! An update or even a new article completely is something I've considered, though I'm not sure if the programs have changed quite enough yet from last time, before I do. Mediamonkey to me is still pretty close to the grail as far as music programs go. I still have my bugbears (e.g. switching between tracks is not instant, or how one can't loop over a single MP3 from a play/track list, and also some MP3 tracks still crash MM), but I reckon it's still the best we've got. Still, I should at least try Songbird again (forget why I didn't include it in the rematch).

I estimate another 3-5 years, and there could be a third in the series, probably including Songbird by then.

Peke

Post by Peke » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Yeah, I know that they are not changed much. The thing I wanted to see is what exactly changed. Just comparison List and that is why I asked for SongBird as fast (at time I tested it) developed application especially as it tries to position itself in market where there is strong number of apps already occupying the space (Fresh Blood). I would consider what bugs are fixed/optimized, ... We like to hear objective point of view always. Without that we could only assume that MM is perfect (There is no APP that is perfect).
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum