MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jcfogerty

Re: MegaDJ v2.50 [MM3] - (2009-07-08) (new Cycle updates tracks)

Post by jcfogerty »

Twinbee, thanks for Megadj. It's the reason I am changing over from itunes to MM3 gold. The MM people should be paying you!

Anyway, I too am having problems getting it to run in vista (x64). It does install and it even runs simple scripts such as "Show all 4 star rated tracks" but when I try to load a preset that has math megadj crashes and Vista gives no explanation. According to my Vista Annoyances book, it means UAC (User Account Controls) is interfering. I launched MM in administrator mode, opened a dos window in administrator mode and installed megadj but that still didn't work.

I'll try disabling UAC and see if that fixes things. If you have other suggestions please let me know. thanks, JC

Well, I tried disabling UAC...that didn't work either. Please help. I want to use these features very much! thanks
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Thanks for the comments!

Okay you're the third person who experiences crashes with the math filter. I would usually spring into action on the first, except for one thing, I cannot reproduce the problem on my own XP setup. As far as I know, I don't think it's a Vista thing either, as one of the 3 people who had the same problem used Win XP.

Nevertheless, I'm going to investigate this somehow. Probably soon. Perhaps create a log report as the program runs so at least I can see where it crashes.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

Looks like one of the dll's, msvcrt, is the culprit. I hope this points you the right way. This one causes dll hell with a number of programs, or so I read.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MegaDJ.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a60ff30
Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e0379e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000eb6a
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1386048132
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Would you like me to send me the version of msvcrt that I use to test if it would work?

Let's say it worked then, how appropriate do you think it would be to supply this with MegaDJ in the same folder (assuming I can't fix the problem otherwise). Could that potentially cause havoc, or - more likely - would it just be ignored?

Also, you could send me your 'broken' msvcrt so I can bug test on my setup.
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

To supply this dll with MegaDJ in the same folder wouldn't cause havoc with vista. Vista can work with multiple dll's as long as the program points to the right one. My guess is the version MM was written with is different than yours? I am not a programmer so I don't know much about how this fix would work.

I tried a number of different versions by placing them in the MM directory, but not surprisingly that didn't work. Apparently, MM looks for the msvcrt.dll in the system32 folder because MM does not have its own in its system folders. Since all my other software runs fine there is no way I am replacing it there, and so I doubt it is corrupted in any way.

Anyway, the file date in my system32 folder is 1/20/2008.

Here is an article on how to get out of dll hell...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/maga ... ntial.aspx
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

Hey JC,

This is just an idea, not knowing how complicated your math filters are, but I experienced errors with the math field no matter what I put in it. So I put the filter script in the query field. I was just filtering on last played field. You might try it to see if it works. You never know.

On a side note, if Twinbee can figure it out, he will. He has been very helpful and I finally have my music playing from my PC the way I want it too as you probably read from my previous post.

Thanks again Twinbee.....all is still working well!!
francismartens318

Post by francismartens318 »

Hi,

I just installed MegaDJ 2.50 (the free one) on top of MM 3.1.0 on top of Vista Home Premium
MegaDJ does crash as follows.

Scenario works
- Select the MegaDJ node
- Select MegaDJ QuickSearch
- Select Example 1 - show all tracks
- Select All (in Math Filter Type)
- Click OK

Scenario crashes
- Select the MegaDJ node
- Select MegaDJ QuickSearch
- Select Example 1 - show all tracks
- Select Random (in Math Filter Type)
- Click OK --> Crash

?

Post by Guest »

Hmmmm...works for me in XP. I am not the programmer but have you tried instead of the quicksearch but a filter node? Just a thought.
superakcraig

Post by superakcraig »

Guest wrote:Hmmmm...works for me in XP. I am not the programmer but have you tried instead of the quicksearch but a filter node? Just a thought.
Sorry...this is me...I thought i was logged in.
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi francismartens318, looks like it could be essentially the same bug as the other three. I've been adding some exhaustive debugging and log creation code, which is about the only option left since I'm searching blind at the mo...

I'll keep you posted.
BigMatty

Post by BigMatty »

I'm getting this bug too. But it doesn't crash for me -just does nothing! I am on XP, not Vista.
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.51 [MM3] - (2009-08-30) (weighting filter bug fix)

Post by twinbee »

Version 2.51 out with the math/weighting/bias filter bug fixed for all (hopefully!).

As usual, download and reboot MM after install is complete.

It's not easy working semi-blind, but I managed to isolate the bug down to a NULL pointer dereference thingy :) A big thanks go to jcfogerty for helping out test on his setup.

If there is any further trace of the bug, then a proper megadj error message should appear, showing what's gone wrong.
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

Twinbee, this is all working swimmingly now, thanks to your hard work on the Vista issues and other things. Thanks!

Now that I am taking full advantage of MegaDJ's many functions, I could use some advice.

Do you have any suggestions on using custom fields in the rotation function that do not involve creating new nodes?

For example, I have 600 songs in the "Indie" genre. I subdivide this into 5 groups of 120 each so that the artists in the first group are not played in the next rotation to Indie. I can do this by using the Custom field "Group1" "Group2" etc and then building nodes for each. This works, but since it means having to create 60+ additional nodes (I already use 50 primary genre nodes!) to cover all the sub-groupings, I was hoping there might be a work-around. Also, I think there is an upper limit on the number of nodes used in the rotation function. Is there a way to do this, using my example, having just one "Indie" node, then writing a command/math function/? causing the next custom field to be 'chosen' the next time the "Indie" node is called in the rotation? I am sure other users trying to manage a large library would appreciate it too.

Also, I noticed that on some nodes, even where I select "random" the artists tend to 'clump' together. I have to refresh up to a dozen times before it randomizes enough to prevent the same artist coming up twice in a row in the node. Any suggestions? I saw many posts back that you referenced using the '=' sign when identifying the nodes in the rotation. Could you elaborate more on what this does? Is this supposed to ensure a random selection from the node list?

Many thanks again for everything!
twinbee

Post by twinbee »

Hi! Sorry for the slow reply, as you may know I've been hectically working on 3D mandelbrots (!) lately in addition to work. I tend not to multitask very well, so it's hard for me to switch between projects easily.

Yes it seems there could be a few ways to implement what you want, but nothing will really work at the moment unfortunately. If I added a feature which allowed you to specify say... an artist which won't appear again for say 5 tracks worth, would that kill all birds with one stone? This way you could have just one node, and there won't be any consecutive songs with the same artist name.

This would be tricky for me to implement, so maybe in the meantime, if I fix the approx 138 node limit for use in the rotation, would that suffice for now?

That's odd about the clumping of artists. Maybe it's just coincidence? Often randomness results in apparent patterns, but they're not really.
I saw many posts back that you referenced using the '=' sign when identifying the nodes in the rotation. Could you elaborate more on what this does? Is this supposed to ensure a random selection from the node list?
No it's just used to repeat a track from a node the next time that node is due for rotation. Not very useful probably, but it was easy to do.
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

No worries. I think the rotation function has a character limit of around 1950 characters. I was able to get a lot more nodes to fit by shortening the node names. It works great. Please do not misunderstand...I am very happy and this is working way beyond my expectations. Most impressive!

Doing multiple nodes isn't that difficult, especially when using the 'clone node' command. I would like to backup my work though - does MegaDJ store the nodes in the MM ini file, if not, where?