Discogs Auto-tag Web Search

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Let

Re: Discogs Auto-tag Web Search

Post by Let »

shanghai_ultra wrote:I have a suggestion. A lot of us (especially those into electronic music) like to know which label their tracks were published on.

I wonder if someone could map Discogs "label" field to "Publisher" field in the standard ID3v2 tag? Since there is no dedicated label field in the ID3v2 standard.

Possible?
This script works exactly the way you've described above.
Let

Post by Let »

waku wrote: You want to tag some files, e.g. an album, but you dont want to tag the artistname because Discogs calls it "Artistname*" or "Artistname (2)" instead of just Artistname. When you untick it, nothing happens though. And you have the same problem if you left a field unticked from the latest search, but now you want to tag the artistname again. Nothing happens when you tick it.
There's no partial tagging as far as i know. It works for all tags of a track(ticked) or no tags of a track (unticked). Unfortunately MM scipting api is far from being perfect...
Let

Post by Let »

isn't label = publisher ?
waku

Post by waku »

Let wrote:There's no partial tagging as far as i know. It works for all tags of a track(ticked) or no tags of a track (unticked). Unfortunately MM scipting api is far from being perfect...
Well when I used 1.0.6 I was able to check/uncheck as much as I wanted? And the script says that the tag only should apply IF the field is checked. So perhaps something is wrong in the process where you tick/untick something and the script updates the checked/unchecked "state".
Let

Post by Let »

there's no field checking, there's track checking. if you check it for a track, then it tags all fields of that track, if you don't check it it won't touch that track. I wish it would be possible to do field checking.

while testing this I got this error:

Error #-2147024891 msxml6.dll
Access is denied
Line 201 column 1

after spending some time on this, i found out that executing "regsvr32 msxml6.dll" fixes this. just in case you get the same error, here's the solution :)

and finally i have a suggestion for the next version of this script. there's an artist name combo box but it is disabled (and doesn't work). I've never seen that working so far. if mapping of artist name from real name is not neccessary, that combo can be removed. media type combo is also unneccessary since this functionality is also removed. combo boxes in main page are confusing, it would be best to take these options into another popup form that can be enabled with a button (like in musicbrainz tagger script).
Enochrewt

Post by Enochrewt »

Wow, thank you for your work Eepman. I was just going to grind through the forums to try to find an alternative for auto-tagging since Amazon option went kaput. I've had the old discogs script installed for a long time, but barely ever use it because of the speed issue, the alternate artist numbers and the nonsensical search results discogs sometimes returns, and I find that two out of three issues have been fixed, and within the last week no less. Thanks Again! :D

Oh, one thing. It doesn't seem to separate vinyl from CDs anymore, not that big of a deal though.
waku

Post by waku »

If there is no partial tagging anymore - I know you were able to do so in 1.0.6 - then

Code: Select all

If CheckArtist Then SDB.Tools.WebSearch.NewTracks.Item(i).ArtistName = AlbumArtistTitle
could be rewritten to

SDB.Tools.WebSearch.NewTracks.Item(i).ArtistName = AlbumArtistTitle
If the checkboxes do not work, why have them?

And btw I just got an error while trying to tag an album saying:
Error #424 - Der opstod en Microsoft VBScript-kørselsfejl (runtime error)
Et objekt er obligatorisk: 'XMLSearchResults' (needed object)
File: blablabla Line: 170, Column: 1
Let

Post by Let »

i agree, if it's (get album artist instead of track artist) is necessary, that function can be restored, otherwise it's better to remove the combo as well. the same thing applies to media type combo (which doesn't work anymore).

something i noticed recently: after storing release id in custom 1 it always reuses that release id for retagging. there's no way to tag it with some other release id since it automotically loads it by reading from custom 1. changing the order of decision fixes this problem like below:

If IsNumeric(SearchTerm) Then
	Results.Add SearchTerm
	ResultsReleaseID.Add SearchTerm
ElseIf IsNumeric(testForReleaseID.Custom1) Then
	Results.Add testForReleaseID.Artist.Name & " - " & testForReleaseID.Album.Name
	ResultsReleaseID.Add testForReleaseID.Custom1
when searched by release id it loads now...
Enochrewt

Post by Enochrewt »

waku wrote:
And btw I just got an error while trying to tag an album saying:
Error #424 - Der opstod en Microsoft VBScript-kørselsfejl (runtime error)
Et objekt er obligatorisk: 'XMLSearchResults' (needed object)
File: blablabla Line: 170, Column: 1
Yeah, I tagged like 30 albums just fine, and then it threw this same error (in english ;). Now it won't tag anything, even the albums I just did fine with it. Mine pops up a second box that says "Missing XMLSearchResults" for the song that is currently playing.
eepman

Post by eepman »

hey everyone. still alive here, gonna be working on a new version today. just lettin you know... yep.

should pretty much fix all of the issues people have been describing over the past few days.

check this post or download it where you usually do.

Oh and just try restarting MM if you get that XMLSearchResults error, though it may not work.

thanks for the support everyone, and if you could do me a small favor and visit my blog, that'd be great.

vvvvvv
radium.io -- build software fearlessly
AlanRackham1

Post by AlanRackham1 »

So where can I download this script?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

AlanRackham1 wrote:So where can I download this script?
Download link is available in the first post.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
AlanRackham1

Post by AlanRackham1 »

The first post does not seem to contain the latest code. I find on the web a version 1.5 that does not seem to work either. Where can I get the latest and greatest?
Let

Post by Let »

eepman is working on it, soon to be posted here :)
eepman

Post by eepman »

DiscogsAutoTagWeb v1.6 (stick dis in yo pipe and smoke it edition)

Download V1.6 Here!

1.6 has various small changes, removed the configuration dropdowns for now.
Should fix a few bugs and give a bit more detail in the release listings.
Eventually I plan on having formatted results listings and stuff and things, but it would be bandwidth intensive.

Anyway, see you guys round.
radium.io -- build software fearlessly