RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Postby Spix » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:42 am

Thank you for your quick response!

I'm not sure whether I got it:
I don't want to use a preset at all but just use regular expressions and I think I need regular expression 2 to move a (part of a) string from field Tittle to field Artist??
I tried with 2 capturing groups "(.*)" but with the same result:

Find what: "(.*) - (.*)" | Into: Artist | Regular expression 1: marked | without "Full" and "Find whole words only"
Original: "Unknown Artist"

Replace with: "$2" | From: Title | Regular expression 2: marked | without "Full", "VBScript", "Match case", "Backward search direction"
Replacement: "myTitle - myBand"
Result: "Unknown Artist"

Best regards
Spix
Spix

Postby ZvezdanD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Copying a (part of a) string from a source to destination field modifies only destination field, so it could be done using a single preset's settings. However, moving a (part of a) string from a source to destination field requires modification of both fields, source and destination, which is not directly supported by this add-on using a single preset's settings. If you want to modify several fields, you could do that most easily with several appropriate presets applied in sequence.

By the way, the donation-only version currently has 28 moving presets that modify both source and destination fields at once, including "Move the begin of <From Field> before leftmost specified string to <Into Field>".
Magic Nodes 4.3.2/5.1 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.8/5.1  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1/5.3.6  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7/4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3/2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2
ZvezdanD

Postby Spix » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi,

thank you for yours answer!

Still I don't understand, why my approach with regular expressions does not work (for the first part of moving, i.e. copying the artist to the artist field)!?
Do you have an idea why it is not working? I'm still interested to make it work with regular expressions!

For this special problem I found an easy solution with the help of "Auto-Organize of Files..." and "Auto-Tag from File..."

Best regards
Spix
Spix

Postby ZvezdanD » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:00 am

I don't understand why you don't want to use the predefined "Assign" preset that I mentioned, which already does what you want. Presets are nothing more than saved replacement settings, using regular expressions or not. So, if you want to know how its settings looks, you could just choose it from the Preset combo box.

By the way, the Usage section of the add-on's Web page contains explanation about the purpose of Find what/Replace with strings and how they could be used:
"The first control in the next (finding) group is the Find what combo box which is used to specify the string that we want to search for and/or to replace in the destination field.
The first control in the next (replacing) group is the Replace with combo box which could be used for specifying a string that we want to use for the replacement."

Now, think again what you want to replace and what you want to use as a replacement.
Magic Nodes 4.3.2/5.1 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.8/5.1  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1/5.3.6  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7/4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3/2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2
ZvezdanD

Previous

Return to Need Help with Addons?