Auto-organise copy not move??

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

popsmike

Auto-organise copy not move??

Post by popsmike »

Hey guys n gals.

Here's a bit of a tuff one for me.

All my music is stored on DVD disks and want to put it on a new HD.
My problem is that my tags are all stored in the database and not on the tracks themselves.
I have tried moving the serials with HDDSerial.vbs but my list is too long and the script doesn't scroll,
apart from that it changes them into individual folders instead of one.

I also tried Auto-Organise but that keeps erroring I think because it is trying to move the files instead of copying them.

If anyone out there that has a script along same lines as Auto-Organise which will copy in the same manner instead of move that should do it.

So come-on you Coders make my day and send my files to the correct drive for me.

Many, Many Thanks in awe of your work. :D

Mike

EDIT: I am NOT in any way knocking the Coders of the scripts mentioned. I apologise if it seems like that.
RedX

Post by RedX »

How many dvds you have? You could copy the data into one folder and then auto-organize.

Regards,
Red
Bablorub

Post by Bablorub »

RedX wrote:How many dvds you have? You could copy the data into one folder and then auto-organize.

Regards,
Red
Yep, right but it's better to do it manually :wink:
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

@ Bablorub

I tried doing manually and lost all my tag info so had to delete it all and try something else, luckily i had backups.

@RedX

I have around 50 DVD's full of music, some are pre tagged but the majority dont have them because they r saved within MM, hence trying HDDSerial but that wont scroll so cannot see the end of my list of disks, Apart from that it creates seperate HD folders when i move it to the HD from disk.
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

I have found a way to do most of the DB but need to be able to scroll down on the HDDSerial or be able to amend the
Media Table in MM's DB so if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

What I did was copy all disk's manually to HD then used HDDSerial to move what I could see in the list.
Then used the following Method in Auto-organise to move the track into recognisable folders -:

x:\MUSIC\<Album Artist@3>\<Album Artist> - <Album>\<Disk#>\<Track#:2> - <Title>
An Example would Be-:
x:\MUSIC\ABC\Abba - Gold\01\01 - Waterloo.mp3

This worked a treat by sorting all into folders arranged by ABC, DEF etc.
The only problem I found was it never moved all Extras within the folders at all times,
I think this is due to whereabouts they lie within the Hierarchy of the folders nesting.

If this is a common Problem then maybe You Coders out there could UPdate it for the next Rel.

Mike.