Script to change added date?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

LordHades

Script to change added date?

Post by LordHades »

Hi :)

Hope i can explain properly what i'm looking for. Last night i changed the file system of my external hdd from fat32 to ntfs but because of that the mediamonkey database got kinda messed up it added all 30k songs again so i had lots of duplicates. I fixed that by remove the onces that didnt work but now the added date of every song is the same.

I'm looking for a way to change the added date by the file create date in windows by script or custom node if possible. I have looked but I'm starting to doubt if it's possible.

to make things a bit clearer

every song has date 04-04-2008 with around 1:10am as added time :) but the latest cd is added on 01-04-2008 around 11:12pm on the hdd :)

Thanks in advanced!
EAJ

Post by EAJ »

Hey,

I'm currently looking for exactly the same kind of sscript! There are a number of tracks in my MM database which have an incorrect "Date Added" entry through a combination of not backing up a previous database and the little known fact that MM didnt have the "Date Added" field in much older versions.

So, just like you I'm looking for a script which will extract the "Date Created" from a files timestamp and populate the "Date Added" field in MM database.

Unfortunatly i wouldnt know where to start in creating this kind of script (my thing is graphics not scripting :) ) But I'll keep searching just incase something has already been posted on these here forums.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

LH:

Do you have a backup of your database? If so, you can use Onkel_Enno's Move Device script to transfer the data from your old hard drive to your new one.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
LordHades

Post by LordHades »

Hi :) No dont have a backup of the database never made one (yes bad i know) so now i'm looking for that script or something like that. The create date of the windows folders is the correct date :D
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

This may be a reach, but look in your recycle bin to see if there is an old copy of the database in there.

Nyn

LordHades

Post by LordHades »

Nopes :) the database didnt get deleted btw :)

the file monitor couldnt find the old files because of the convert from fat32 to ntfs so it added all songs again. So i had 60000 songs instead of the normal 30000. I deleted the 30000 which where dead links. But the new songs have a added that which is wrong (well it's right according to MM but not according to me)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I understood what the problem was from the first post, I was just trying to think of a way you could recover your database while you are waiting to see if one of the scripters could create the script for you. But since you deleted the dead links, I don't know how you are going to be able to recover without the script. You could try a search for mm.db to see if there are any secondary databases on your hard drive. I feel your pain, I had this problem before, which is why I now have two automatic backups created each night.
You could also try to post a message in either the Extract Fields or SwitchorCopy Fields scripts to see if the Timestamp and DateAdded fields could be added so you could use one of those scripts. Sorry I couldn't help you. :oops:

Nyn

LordHades

Post by LordHades »

hehe hnmmm that's an idea, what kind of script or program do you use for the backups i'll start doing that too hehe. Hmm think i saw it in your signature tho Backup right?

In the meanwhile thanks for thinking along with me all help is welcome ofcourse :D
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I use Trixmoto's Backup script to back my MM database and BrightSparks SyncBack program to backup my critical files to two different external hard drives. Have I mentioned I'm anal when it comes to backups?? :(
It took me weeks to recover my database, so I made a promise to myself that if I ever have to do it again then it will not be due to a lack of prevention on my part.

Nyn

LordHades

Post by LordHades »

Hehe i figured it out indeed that you love to backup haha. Well installed the script and it makes a backup so that's working. If i can find a solution there isnt a very big problem only thing that doesn work for a while is my added last month script :D
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

You could also see if Big Berny would take this one and change it so that the timestamp is copied to one of the custom fields in the first script and then moved from the custom field to the date added field in the second script. Or if you feel comfortable you could try to change it around yourself. Several months I did something similar for some other data from my db but I am no scripter, so I was willing to play with my db.

Nyn

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

This little script may help I think. :)
DateCreated2DateAdded 1.0

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design