Lyricsplugin Search Script

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Check the screenshot in jn's first post. From the auto-tag Options menu, you can choose to search the lyrics plugin, just like you would search Amazan Japan or Canada. When that's selected, the dialog only searches for lyrics. So yes, it's the same auto-tag window (Ctrl-L), you just need to change where it searches.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
jn

Post by jn »

Vyper wrote:I'm a little confused. I haven't installed this yet because I'm afraid of a conflict. When pressing Ctrl-L tag information is searched for. But you're using the same hotkey to search for lyrics?
Yes, take a look at the screenshot and you'll see how to select between these options.

Jörg
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Thanks both of ya. Will give it a shot now. :D
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Gave it a whirl and I gotta say ..... awesome! :D
Stop Button Freak
bob61

Post by bob61 »

The only improvement I can see on this script is to enable it so that it processes tracks in "batch" -- not just selecting multiple tracks, but update each without needing to "auto-tag" for each track. For me, if I end up with a bad set of lyrics, easy enough to remove and/or update so not critical if I end up with a couple of "bad" lyrics attached. I'd rather have 99% of my songs processed quickly than to try and do hundreds one with "auto-tag" for each. Excellent script though...
Teknojnky

Re: error message

Post by Teknojnky »

irshjet35 wrote:nice script although I get an error when trying to get the lyrics, I get an VBS Runtime error #424 object required 'lyrics' line 74 column 25. I can click past it and it works, just annoying
I've gotten this error a couple times also, the line is

Code: Select all

SDB.Tools.WebSearch.NewTracks.Item(i).Lyrics = lyrics.innerText
I suspect its a delay in retreiving the text lyrics, because the window is blank for a second then the error pops up, then the lyrics text appears.

You might try:

If lyrics Is Not Nothing Then
instead of IsObject(lyrics)

or something like that, because it seems the 'lyrics.innertext' is not completely valid sometimes.

might be related to info @ here
Glucoweb

Post by Glucoweb »

Got to admit I like this plug-in, very useful, but I do wish I could download the lyrics for every song on album at the same time. But I definitely like not having to listen to a song to use the plug-in.
Carlosk

Post by Carlosk »

Im definetly lovin this script it's what i was looking for, but... there's a chance
that you can embed this script??? please
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Embed it how? It's part of the auto-tag from web dialog.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Teknojnky wrote:
irshjet35 wrote:nice script although I get an error when trying to get the lyrics, I get an VBS Runtime error #424 object required 'lyrics' line 74 column 25. I can click past it and it works, just annoying
I've gotten this error a couple times also, the line is

SDB.Tools.WebSearch.NewTracks.Item(i).Lyrics = lyrics.innerText
I suspect its a delay in retreiving the text lyrics, because the window is blank for a second then the error pops up, then the lyrics text appears.

You might try:

If lyrics Is Not Nothing Then
instead of IsObject(lyrics)

or something like that, because it seems the 'lyrics.innertext' is not completely valid sometimes.

might be related to info @ here
I am getting this error all the time now and I'm unable to save the lyrics to the tag. Restarting MM resolves it, for the time being.
WebNodes
runtherisk

Post by runtherisk »

Jn, I have two databases..one for my mp3 music and one WAV...same music, different formats When I tag each library individually with lyrics it works fine. However, I noticed when I copy the recently tagged mp3 or WAV album to another HD (backup) and load the backup library, the lyric tags for that album are no longer there. Does this script tag the file?? or just store the lyric info in the db? Thanks.
Carlosk

Post by Carlosk »

I mean if you can make it dockable, like the script that makes minilyrics embeded http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9679, you know a way to make the window stay and not open it every time. please
jn

Post by jn »

runtherisk wrote:Does this script tag the file??
Yes; when I use the script to tag and listen to the file using another media player, the lyrics show up.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Any thoughts on the error reported above? I'm getting it occasionally as well.
Stop Button Freak
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

spacefish wrote:
Teknojnky wrote:
I've gotten this error a couple times also,
I am getting this error all the time now and I'm unable to save the lyrics to the tag. Restarting MM resolves it, for the time being.
Any update for this error? It happens often enough to be really annoying. I can't always restart MM.
WebNodes