iDate Added 1.5 - Updated 23/01/2008

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you please send me a sample XML file with this in? - iTunes must encode this character in a strange way. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

The sample .XML I send you yesterday contained at least one song with a '&'

I can resend it of course if you already deleted it.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll check this out.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Although your XML contains a "&" character, iTunes appears to have wrongly (at at least not UTF) encoded it to "&". I can correct this one off case and hope iTunes doesn't produce anymore! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.5) is now available to download from my website. I've now fixed ampersand and percent characters not decoded properly.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Yay!

The latest version works perfectly!

It finds all my tracks and updates all of them correctly now. :)

Many, many thanx for this.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No problem, I'm glad it's working! :D
treponem

Post by treponem »

One thing: THANK YOU!!!

I had the problem that I lost the 'last played' dates for my music from September till December '07 - switching from MM2 to MM3, and also other, stupid things I did.

So I imported the Playdates to Itunes with a perl script (inspired by http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... light=perl) and changed a few lines in your script to grab the playdates instead of the 'date added' from Itunes.

Just wanted to say that this script could be the base to import all the other things from Itunes which MM2/3 normally ignores. Great work, trix!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks! Yes, this script could easily be modified to write any field, it already reads them all in from the file. :)
dragonslayer22

Post by dragonslayer22 »

treponem wrote:One thing: THANK YOU!!!

I had the problem that I lost the 'last played' dates for my music from September till December '07 - switching from MM2 to MM3, and also other, stupid things I did.

So I imported the Playdates to Itunes with a perl script (inspired by http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... light=perl) and changed a few lines in your script to grab the playdates instead of the 'date added' from Itunes.

Just wanted to say that this script could be the base to import all the other things from Itunes which MM2/3 normally ignores. Great work, trix!
I've been looking to do exactly this, but I have no programming experience. Can you post your modified version of this script that imports last played data?
treponem

Post by treponem »

Dear Mr Dragonslayer

I haven't kept the script, thought it would be unimportant for any other user but me. But take a look here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 432#132432 this is exactly what I did.
dragonslayer22

Post by dragonslayer22 »

Can you be more specific? I did the changes you mentioned, but I got an error in MediaMonkey when I tried to use the script. The last played date field sin the Itunes xml are 'Play Date' and 'Play Date UTC'.
treponem

Post by treponem »

Sorry, can't remember any more what I exactly did. I made it 4 months ago and only used Itunes to import the play dates from last.fm and then to MM.

What I did was checking the Itunes XML for interesting fields and renaming them in Trix's script so that MM knows where to write to. Should have kept this script and made it public - didn't thought that anyone else could find that useful :(
Phantasy

Re: iDate Added 1.5 [MM2+3]

Post by Phantasy »

Hey,

I just grabbed this script (switching from iTunes) to try keep all my "Date Added" fields in check and I get this error when I run it:

Code: Select all

Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
Invalid procedure call or argument: "Chr"
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\iDateAdded.vbs", Line: 226, Column: 10

Error happened during script execution:
Invalid procedure call or argument: "Chr"
Know what this might be caused by?
trixmoto

Re: iDate Added 1.5 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

Unicode characters outside of the ASCII range that the script expects, I imagine.