Randomise Playlist 1.3 - Updated 20/10/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Randomise Playlist 1.3 - Updated 20/10/2010

Post by trixmoto »

tucky wrote:I've just had an issue in MM4 when trying to randomise a large playlist.
Can you give me any indication of the size that is causing you a problem?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Leibovich

Post by Leibovich »

Guys, i need a little help. I need a script that randomize a playlist or library by genre , but i need something that i can define how many tracks per genre will plya consecutive before it change genre... Sorry my english sucks.

For example:
1000 Metal songs
200 pop songs
50 dance songs...

I need a script to create on-the-fly a playlist with 10 metal , then 5 pop songs and 2 dance for example... and maybe randomize the next "circle" with 5 pops, 10 metal and 2 dance or other order ... c?
electroglyph

Post by electroglyph »

In current version of MM the DoChildren sub locks up MM on startup. Commenting out the call in RegisterAutoEvents fixes the script for me.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Leibovich wrote:Guys, i need a little help. I need a script that randomize a playlist or library by genre , but i need something that i can define how many tracks per genre will plya consecutive before it change genre... Sorry my english sucks.

For example:
1000 Metal songs
200 pop songs
50 dance songs...

I need a script to create on-the-fly a playlist with 10 metal , then 5 pop songs and 2 dance for example... and maybe randomize the next "circle" with 5 pops, 10 metal and 2 dance or other order ... c?
You should use auto playlists make them for genere you want, and number of sons you want then use pekes windows scheduler script to tell task scheduler to play scripts by way of running the script of pekes, his script allows you to add multiple lists in to it, for it to play, so it will finish one list the go to next list, and should repeat all day, you dont need to have scheduler start peke's script you can double click it to run it,

I suggest making your autolist pick songs that havent played in so many days and only pick the number or time lenght you want,
that will achive what you ask.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
djasonpenney

Post by djasonpenney »

Hello, this script seems to be completely broken with the newer MMW 4 betas. Please let us know when you've figured out a fix. I am so grateful for this feature; I really miss it.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

That will be very disappointing and make me not update. It works fine for me with MM 4.0.7.1511.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll see if I can replicate the problem and take it from there.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
djasonpenney

Post by djasonpenney »

Good news...with 1671, the script seems to be running again...to a limited extent. It now runs like 1669 and some earlier drops if you perform the following steps:

Here's what you have to do:

1. Start MediaMonkey.
2. Uninstall Randomise Playlist 1.3
3. Install Randomise Playlist.
4. Randomise your playlist.

Warning: when you exit MediaMonkey, the script will not run again the next time you start it.

The MMW developer in charge of this area claims there's a problem with the script. I call Male Bovine Excrement alert; I don't think this is very likely.

In any event, with MMW 1670, even the above steps wouldn't get the script to work, so 1671 is at least a step in the right direction.
Bananahead

Post by Bananahead »

Is there any news about getting this working again?

I installed it on 4.1.2.1706 but it simply didn't work.

I then uninstalled it and now it doesn't install (just gives a dumb error message).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's actually next on my list, so hopefully I'll be able to take a look soon.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm using 4.1.3.1708 and this script still works fine for me. I've tried restarting MM, and when I right click and select "Randomise Playlist" from the menu it reorders all the tracks.

Are you definitely trying with a manual playlist and not an auto-playlist?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It works for me as well in 4.1.3.1708
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Bananahead

Post by Bananahead »

Sorry I have been away. But now I found some time to do some investigation.

I have a tree structure with most of my non-auto playlists under a node that automatically exports to a NAS at shutdown. None of these randomise.

If I do a file re-scan including the NAS playlists then all of the playlists get included under a node called Imported Playlists. None of these randomise.

But if I do a copy of a playlist and make it top level then it does randomise.

oh ..............

Did some more testing. Ignore all of the above. Some playlists randomise just fine - it doesn't matter where they are. There must be something else causing it ...
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I suddenly have a problem with this script.

I've had 1.2 installed for years and use it infrequently from time to time. Tried to use it today and noticed it was gone from the right-click menu.

Tried to reinstall it but it gave me errors. Noticed 1.3 was out as well and installed that too but that gave me the same errors. Those errors will also show when starting up MM unless I uninstall the script fully.

These are pop-ups after trying to install the script:

Post by Guest »

Tried installing it manually?