Resurrected! Browse your songs from web browser

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TheRocket

Resurrected! Browse your songs from web browser

Post by TheRocket »

Hi,

Is anywone nterested in browsing theirs songs information from a web browser? (by artist, album, year, rating, etc).

I've programmed it in asp, and runs on a IIS enabled Windows.

If it is a popular request, then maybe i will share all this work with you. If you want, I can send you a link where you can check the features online.

Code: Select all

Features:
  View list of artists, and their songs
  View list of albums, and their songs
  View list of years, and matching songs
  View all ratings, and matching songs
  View all playlists, and matching songs
  View all songs at once

In all views:
    You can sort by a lot of fields
    You can export songs to a playlist sorted by what you see
      For local use,
      For network use,
      For internet use,
      For other use
    You can download songs
    You can send a link to a friend, and he will see what you see
    You can view individual song information, and lyrics in a popup window
--edited--
If you click on the title, it shows more info of the song. If you click on The Winamp icon, it links direcly to the file (removed direck link for safety reasons ;-)). if you click on the folder at the top of the list, you can download / play the list.

When I will have time, I will post the code.... It needs a little bit of comments right now, and a little skinning will help too...

With some querys and a report module programmed by me, it was very easy to produce this web site....

Tell me what you think!
Last edited by TheRocket on Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheRocket
-- MMWBE 0.91 released! Get it here http://rocket.dyndns.info/mp3manager/mmwbe_v091.rar or see topic http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4005#34005 for more details!!!
Plethora

Post by Plethora »

:P I'd be interested in what you are speaking about.

I think i am trying to do the same thing through MM scripting with HTML pages.

If you have a better suggestion I'd love to hear it :lol:
- Plethora
- 160 GB and Counting!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Well, I'm interested, was thinking on embarking on that project myself.
Frodo56us

Browse your songs from web browser

Post by Frodo56us »

I'd like that very much. Can you send a link so I can see what it looks like? I'd love to get the "source code" from you as well.

Frodo
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

I'd be interested in checking it out. I've been considering doing a web GUI to the MM database via PHP, but... where's the time?

Got a link?
dmweimer

Browse your songs from web browser

Post by dmweimer »

I got your private message and checked out the site in action. Outstanding! I'm very impressed. I tried to send you a private message back, but I kept getting error messages.

I didn't click on the file itself, but I assume this would download an mp3? Also, are you fulling from the MM database?

What is the chance of getting a copy of the asp/html code?
TheRocket

More info:

Post by TheRocket »

Hi,

Here is more informations:

If you click on the underlined title, it shows more info of the song, and in this info, you have a link to lyrics (if there is lyrics for this song ;-))

If you click on The Winamp icon, it links directly to the file by http protocol (i've removed direct link for safety reasons for the demo).

if you click on the folder at the top of the list, you have options to download or play the list, or copy the link to other peoples...

Also, you can sort by All the fields at the top of the list (rating, bitrate, length, artist name, tune name, etc...)

When I will have time, I will post the code.... It needs a little bit of comments right now, and a little skinning will help too... Send out your suggestions and/or stylessheets ;-)

it is programmed with some querys and an ASP report module build by me... it was very easy to produce this web site. got the "structure" from an old tune program I've made.

There is no plan to edit songs data or artists or other, because IIS will have security and restrictions to interface with MM, and I don't want to interfere with MM validations and etc... Also, it needs a security and users system, that MM don't have right now.
TheRocket
-- MMWBE 0.91 released! Get it here http://rocket.dyndns.info/mp3manager/mmwbe_v091.rar or see topic http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4005#34005 for more details!!!
dmweimer

Post by dmweimer »

:D Outstanding! I am eagerly awaiting the code...
plethoraa

Post by plethoraa »

As well as am I..... :P :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For those who want there own website with MM, they can look at the wawi plugin that is located on the plugin section on the MM homepage. You don't even have to install a webserver for it.
Lowlander

WebMonkey

Post by Lowlander »

Well I started on a similar project, just for the fun to learn more about ASP.

It isn't finished yet, but you can see it here http://www.uamcav.uat.edu.mx/external/m ... /index.asp and comment on it. The code will be available once finished.

The main idea for now is display of MM information, no editing or playing of songs.

As a visitor you can see song information just like in MM itself. You can print the tracklisting window and there are some statistics you can play with. Downloading is possible when enabled. You can also open the site in a new toolbar-less window. And finally printing of the tracklistings window.

As an owner you can easily change several settings in one settings file:
- Select different skins (currently 3 included)
- Select different languages (currently 2 included)
- Show/hide the different toolbars
- Enable/Disable downloads (needs some work on the code)
- Change the way the tracklisting and explorer tree are displayed (wrapping)

Please do comment on it and if you have some statistic code lying around for different statistics than included, please share.
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

Both projects look great... keep it up Rocket and Lowlander. Let us know how progress is going. Any chance of a port to a PHP version? Not sure that my web host provides ASP without an additional charge.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not from my side, sorry.

But do PHP hosters accepts MS Access? And another thing is that MM only runs on windows platforms, which in turn run ASP. In this case my project doesn't use MM itself (at this point) just the DB.
daveis

wheres the code?

Post by daveis »

I, too, would really like the code to do this.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The ASP code or the PHP code??