Clear Field 1.3 - Updated 26/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: clear field v 1.2

Post by nohitter151 »

wolfram.brod wrote:I just downloaded clear field and installed it to my MM4. What I want to do is: clear the "Album-Interpret", and I tried it with different writings: with or w/o the blank, with a minus instead of the blank, and with all types of writing I found in the different "Eigenschaften"-dialogs. But no one worked: got the message "invalid field name was specified".

It would be a great help to show what field names are accepted.
Thanks
Right in the first post:
trixmoto wrote:This field name must be the SongData property values which can be found in the scripting helpfile - these normally match the column headings.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
trixmoto

Re: Clear Field 1.2 - Updated 05/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, correct. They can also be found now on the wiki. If I'm not mistaken, "Album-Interpret" would be "AlbumArtistName".
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Rednroll

Re: clear field v 1.2

Post by Rednroll »

wolfram.brod wrote:I just downloaded clear field and installed it to my MM4. What I want to do is: clear the "Album-Interpret", and I tried it with different writings: with or w/o the blank, with a minus instead of the blank, and with all types of writing I found in the different "Eigenschaften"-dialogs. But no one worked: got the message "invalid field name was specified".

It would be a great help to show what field names are accepted.
Thanks
This is a very useful script by Trixmoto, unfortunately as you have found and as I found the 1st time I tried to use it, intuition on using it, is not one of its strong points.

It would be great if it had a Drop down menu list selection, listing the Fields that can be cleared as well as having the names correspond to the Column names shown inside of Media Monkey.

The 1st time, I tried to use this script I wanted to clear the "Track Volume" Field in MM, since that is a field which can't be multi selected and cleared inside of MM. After scratching my head and guessing for about an hour what the "Track Volume" field name was called within the script, I came to this thread and then to the Wiki page and then discovered that 'Track Volume" in MM, means "leveling" in this script. Then to my surprise learned that "leveling" is actually different than "Leveling".
Rednroll wrote:Ok, I figured this one out.

If I enter in "leveling" it sets all the Track Volume values to -1.0dB like shown above. If I capitalize the "L" and enter "Leveling" instead, it then clears the fields.
Looking forward to a v1.3 of this script which helps address this confusion, which would make it a lot more useful and appealing to the casual user. One good thing, is that it remembers the last field label you used. Due to the lack of intuitiveness, I strictly use this script for clearing the "leveling/Track Volume" field. Don't quite feel like calling up a Wiki page to use it for something else. Could probably create a preset in the "Reg/Exp Find and Replace" script to clear other fields if needed.
Jacko123

Post by Jacko123 »

How do I know the field name? The script won't accept my (German) Field names that I see in the header, so this script is virtually useless :(
Jackie78

Post by Jackie78 »

Hey,

sorry, I use this script to clear the field "Leveling", but all it does is set the value to "-1" instead of actually clearing it, why? :(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Jacko123 - As already stated, I plan to add a dropdown in the next version.

@Jackie78 - That's how you used to clear out the field (setting it to -1) - are you saying this no longer works?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

Honestly, why someone hasn't thought about this earlier is beyond me. I downloaded multiple full albums with track volumes set to very weird levels. I didn't want to have to learn scripting just to delete track volume. Most efficient method for me: sort by "Track Volume", mash "F2" with my left hand, and then quickly mash the "back", "enter", and "down arrow" with the other hand, repeat as many times as needed. I was able to go through almost 3000 track fairly quickly using this approach.

Warning: do not hit the "delete" key instead of the "backspace" key. You could accidentally delete tracks by using that approach! very frustrating. :oops:

This really should be an enhancement. Nobody has an easy way to do this.
TheJigmeister

Post by TheJigmeister »

I want to thank you for your script,
I just editted it a little bit for private use (i hope you don't mind)
so that i can clear mutliple fields at the same time when i run the script, instead of just keep on typing them in the message popup
Thanks again :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you've found the script useful. No, I absolutely do not mind you editing the script, have fun tweaking it :)

If you make any enhancements that you think would be useful for others, please post them, and I'll look at including them in the next version.
trixmoto

Re: Clear Field 1.3 - Updated 26/07/2014

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added dropdown list of fields available
- Fixed special case for Leveling and LevelingAlbum was case sensitive

Hopefully it's a little more intuitive now!
baskinghobo

Post by baskinghobo »

Hello. Thank you for this very useful script. Sorry if this has been answered before but whenever i try to clear the album field it says "Invalid field name was specified". I Just want to leave it blank or call it Songs or something. How can i get rid of this error?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm guessing that you're just trying "Album" and not "AlbumName"? You need to use the API to get the field properties.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Can you put this in the op description:

Found under Tools > Scripts
[for any poor soul who might not be able to easily find it]

Unless it's there somewhere obvious and I'm just blind.
Awesome script, thanks!
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That's where all scripts appear, unless they are reports (in which case it's File > Reports) or an autoplay script which adds it's own tree nodes or menu items.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

trixmoto wrote:That's where all scripts appear, unless they are reports (in which case it's File > Reports) or an autoplay script which adds it's own tree nodes or menu items.
I have several scripts, none of which are reports or autoplaylists, and only 2 show up there; this one and Extract Fields (which includes said info).

But that's not even the point. It's that "I" get where it is, as do others, but no one is sharp and thinks logically "all" the time.

I really just thought it would be a nice touch and "simple" to click edit > add a "few" words > and submit.
Oh well. Anyway, again, awesome script! And thanks for all your hard work!!! :)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜