Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
judas

Post by judas »

Hey trix...haven't been active on the forums for a while. I just went through 17 pages of this topic, and I must say it is amazing what you (and the others who have helped with ideas) have done, CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU!

I'm now configuring the script to work the way I want to...getting closer!

One suggestion: as the topic is getting larger and larger, i can see everytime the questions refer more and more to the basics on how to use the script, how about editing the first post and giving a brief introduction (could have links to more detailed posts).

Anyway, I think it is a great script, thanks again!!!

-------------------------

Currently, my configuration is:

Use Top 4 Results
Custom4 | White | *Genre
Custom3 | White | 50%,60%,70%,80%,90%

So Hopefully songs would get tagged according to decade, which seems interesting.

Also, and a bit offtopic (sorry)...someone (baker, maybe?) requested a script that could look up the first release date of an album on last.fm and return that value...did you or anybody else actually developed anything around this concept?
Cheers, judas
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you, I'm glad you like the script. I should update the first post really...

The new script request has not be tackled yet, as far as I'm aware. It's on my list, but I'm not starting any new scripts until I've managed to sort out my existing ones. There's still a few with bugs and some not yet MM3 compatible.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
judas

Post by judas »

@trixmoto

I've seen you've updated the first post...Great! (As I was going to help you rewrite it, so you can focus on scripting I could do the operational work!)

I may start a new topic asking for the other script so any discussion about it can be made there.

So, keep it up trix... :-)
Cheers, judas
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you've got anything to add to the first post that you think would be useful then PM me. Creating a separate thread might get it noticed by another scripter who wants to take up the challenge! :)
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

I have a little problem with this script. The script is case sensitive. It ends with error if i have the same artist with different cases. Example if I have 2 songs of abba but once it is "ABBA" and once "Abba" it will check gendre for 2 different atrtists and then cause the error "key already exists". Is there any way to correct this since I have DB of like 2000 artists and do it manualy would be long (or maybe is there a script that will set same case attern for all artists?) Thanks
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Have you tried Bex's Tagging Inconsistencies script, it can identify discrepancies in your database. You can also try Bex's Case Modify script, it can identify case discrepancies in your database.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll try to get this script fixed in the next version as well! :)
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

There is one more problem, I'm not 100% sure but I think the script fails if the name contains character '. I got error message while applying change to the artist Aphrodite's Child and it was saying error "near s". Not sure if that's the only character that makes.
aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo »

When the error occurs ignore button doesn't work, it has the same effect as cancel. It doesn't continue but just ends execution of the script.

When the error happens when applying changes, the script won't finish the execution but stays in status bar. No way to terminate it you have to restart MM.
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

I've installed this in the hope of sorting out Genre's once and for all, but i feel a little out of my depth with this script :P A lot of choice here! I've read over the White and Black lists, and tried to get myself up to date on the rest, but i can't work out how it chooses which tag to pick, is it alphabetical, popularity based, or the order i put them in on the list? Or something else? I've removed all genre tags at present, so i'm starting from scratch :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It uses the tags in the order they are in the XML file, which based on popularity. It loops through them until it finds one that matches your criteria (white/black-list) or uses multiple if you have that option selected.
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

Thanks for the clarification :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.1) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed encoding of international characters and extended range
- Fixed ordering of non-numeric disk and track numbers
- Fixed selection of primary artist in artist mode
- Fixed errors in artist mode if inconsistent case exists
- Added option to only show confirmation screen when run manually

Hopefully that should be all the remaining issues resolved. :)

Whitelist

Post by Guest »

Anyone care to share their whitelist to keep a clean Genre

Genre | White | %Rock=Rock etc..