Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Good, the change will then be implemented in the next version.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
sommo

Post by sommo »

Thanks for this!
sn0skier

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 2.9 (2007-11-08) [MM2&3]

Post by sn0skier »

Bex wrote:Script is updated
Ver 2.9 (2007-11-08) [MM3 only]
- Added Album Artist, Composer, Conductor and Lyricist to all "Artist" nodes.
I think that you should get rid of composer, conductor, lyricist, and Artist in the artist node, and just keep album artist. Obviously most people wont agree with me, so I think you should make it an option as to what fields people would like to include in the artist node (and maybe all the nodes for that matter).

----------------
Now playing: Blonde Redhead - Dr. Strangeluv
via FoxyTunes
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
MusicBringer

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 2.9 (2007-11-08) [MM2&3]

Post by MusicBringer »

sn0skier wrote:... most people wont agree with me
I agree with you sn0skier. Artist should be just that - the recording artist :)
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I actually like it. The main focus of this script is consistency, is the name of an artist not the same if it's in the Composer field? It's still their name.

Though, maybe an option could be best if possible, gives both sides of the track a little of what they want.

Besides, with the MM3, all these fields are linked to the 'Artists' table in the Database. Thus, by having inconsistencies in these fields, you might end up with entries in that table that wouldn't otherwise be needed.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Well, Mizery_Made is right here. They are all stored in the same table so it would be pretty ignorant not to query or display them all. But I'll see what I can do.

@sn0skier,
Do you really mean that you only want the AlbumArtist?
Why is that?? :-?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

Bex wrote: @sn0skier,
Do you really mean that you only want the AlbumArtist?
Why is that?? :-?
It's pretty simple really, I only want one genre per album. I use genre's as a way to browse through my music, and I like to listen to entire albums at a time, not single songs. Smog is on the High fidelity soundtrack, which has the genre "soundtrack," and I also have complete albums by Smog which are in the "indie" genre. I don't want Smog to show up in the artists with multiple genres node, simply because they are listed as an artist on the high fidelity soundtrack. However, besides the times when certain artists are featured on other albums, I want artists to have the same genre all the time. (this is an example, obviously this would happen with a lot of artists between different genres).

K, I guess it's not that simple. But it is important to me. Right now instead of using the artist field I am using a custom field called "featuring," and I have artist=album artist on every track. It solves my problem, but it's kind of weird.

----------------
Now playing: Devo - Wiggly World
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Devo - S.I.B.(Swelling Itching Brain)
via FoxyTunes
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?

Post by Guest »

Very, very nice script! Thanks a lot.
fellow

Error messages on startup and on using scripts

Post by fellow »

Hello,

I have a fresh install of MM3 and tagging inconsistencies 2.9 and the following message window appears everytime I startup:

<< Do you want to remove Tagging Inconsistencies settings as well? If you click No, script settings will be left in Mediamonkey.ini >>
<Yes> <No>

No matter what I chose, the message reappears every time I start.

Second, upon choosing any node in Tagging Inconsistencies, I get an error message with an SQL error complaining about missing table TmpInConsNodes
Bex

Post by Bex »

@Guest, thanks!

@fellow,
That's strange. I've no explanation why that is happening to you.
Are you using the latest MM3 version?
You can try to completely uninstall the script and then install it again.
You can also try to install it manually.

All My Scripts
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

sn0skier wrote:It's pretty simple really, I only want one genre per album. I use genre's as a way to browse through my music, and I like to listen to entire albums at a time, not single songs.
I'm with you on this issue sn0skier :)
Genre is very important to me too, as I also listen via Genre/album selection 8)
fellow

Post by fellow »

Bex wrote: That's strange. I've no explanation why that is happening to you.
I was using a fresh install of RC3 (my first MM installation) and just updated to RC4. Same message. I already did a manual install.
Hmm, I noticed that the error message on startup comes from the uninstall.vbs script. Is that script really meant to reside in the scripts\auto directory?
Probably not, right? Must have copied there during my 'manual installation'. Removed it and now it seems to work...
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

fellow wrote:... Removed it and now it seems to work...
Some of you folk are really clever at this stuff :P
Bex

Post by Bex »

fellow wrote:
Bex wrote: That's strange. I've no explanation why that is happening to you.
I was using a fresh install of RC3 (my first MM installation) and just updated to RC4. Same message. I already did a manual install.
Hmm, I noticed that the error message on startup comes from the uninstall.vbs script. Is that script really meant to reside in the scripts\auto directory?
Probably not, right? Must have copied there during my 'manual installation'. Removed it and now it seems to work...
Good you solved it.
Yes, if you do a manual installation you're supposed to only copy TaggingInconsistenciesMM3.vbs into the auto-folder.
I hope you enjoy the script.

All My Scripts
bob61

Post by bob61 »

Nice tool to find those pesky tag issues. While it's good at finding them, is there some trick to fixing them easily? For example, when I find an album with more than one genre, I thought I'd be able to quickly resolve that by dragging and dropping the title from the inconsistency list. Is there something I'm missing or is only option to update manually?