Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, the problem is what Mizery_Made says. (Now we are talking about the "Same Content node".)

What to do if the artist is different between songs that are true duplicates?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Thufir Hawat

Feature Request

Post by Thufir Hawat »

Hi Bex

Great Script!

I have one idea to improve the functionality of your work: it would be helpful if your "same content" node would behave like the standard "album" node i.e. it should display the "sum" of all its childnodes
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean exactly. Can you elaborate or even display some images?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Thufir Hawat

Post by Thufir Hawat »

What i meant is this: If you click on the "+" of the "Album" (or the "Year","Genre",...) node you see the subnodes of all albums like clicking on the "+" of your "same content" node BUT if you just click on "album" you get all the music in the main list while after selecting "same content" this list stays empty.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Got it. When you click on the "Same Content" node you want all tracks to be added to the main window.
The reason for not having this already is purely for safety reasons.
e.g. A novice user could by misstake delete all songs found there since he/she thinks they are all duplicates....

I'll add it with some smart precausions if it's possible!

All My Scripts
Thufir Hawat

Post by Thufir Hawat »

The same could happen within the "duplicate titles" node and there is no extra precaution. Your script is called "Advanced Duplicate..." anyway.
Bex

Post by Bex »

No, the "duplicate titles" node does not have this function...

All My Scripts
Myrk

error

Post by Myrk »

I get an error starting up that "Object does not support this property or method 'SDB.Database.Path'"

I am running MediaMonkey 2.5.1.934.

Any ideas?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, you need at least 2.5.2 (I think) to run this script. But get the latest one 2.5.4. here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/download.htm

All My Scripts
Myrk

quick question

Post by Myrk »

Thanks for the reply...fixed.

One other quick question...My ipod contains duplicates (some 3 or 4 times for a song). Is it possible to use this script on my ipod and not my library of songs? I want to keep the dups in my library but not on my ipod.

When i connect my ipod its listed as f: in media monkey. is there a way to get these nodes under the ipod node?
Bex

Post by Bex »

No sorry but this script only works on songs in MM's library...

All My Scripts
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Bex,
I was hoping to use this script mainly to move playcount and rating from Greatest Hits-played songs to original album songs - consolidating stats, and then getting rid of the Greatest Hits versions.

However, for some reason, most such songs do not show up in the Same Content node after analyzing the entire library. This is not your script's fault, what shows up there is the same as what is in the builtin Duplicate Content node. I guess there must be some minor differences between the songs on different compilations and their original versions that I don't know about but which shows up in the hash check.

Therefore, I was wondering if it is possible to have drop functionality w/transferral of playcount/rating also for the results of the Custom Duplicate Search (the only way to duplicate the builtin Same Titles node, right?)?

Alternatively, you mentioned elsewhere in this thread that there are other scripts one can use to manipulate one's playcounts. I've searched a lot through the forum, but am relatively new to MM and have not found any such script yet. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
TJOHO
Bex

Post by Bex »

Drag & Drop is designed to work in the "Custom Duplicate Search".
There's however only possible to drag&drop within the same "group" node. Also, you must click on a single track node and drag the track from the main window onto another track node (within the same group).

Doesn't it work for you?

All My Scripts
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

The problem was that I followed this procedure:

1. I clicked on the node that lists a given duplicate. Two tracks showed in the main window.
2. I selected the one I wanted to drop, and dragged it to the node of the other track.
3. Nothing happened.

I now realize I should have done this:

1. Expand so that both tracks of a duplicate show as separate nodes.
2. Click the node for the unwanted track. It will show in the main window.
3. Select it in the main window and drag it to the node of the other track.
4. It works!

Sorry, but I thought your instructions were a bit confusing... :oops:
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, perhaps it's a bit complicated. But I did it that way so you don't accidentally drop a track were it shouldn't be dropped!

Anyway, I hope you like the script?

All My Scripts