Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.5.2 (2009-07-10)

Post by Bex »

RifRaf wrote:This is a great script and has removed all real duplicates for me, however am wondering if the following could maybe be done in a future version.

If i do a custom search and select only artist, title and track length there are still many thousand songs that come up as expected because they appear on various albums. I would love to be able to delete many of these using a critera such as "Albums contains only n tracks" and keep the copy on the album containing the most tracks. This would remove many Various Artist albums for me that only contain one or two tracks. Am thinking this might be able to be done using a filter now that i look at the options a bit.
1. Yes, that would be possible to implement. It'll be in the next release! :)
RifRaf wrote:Is there a way to copy duplicates of a higher bitrate to replace files of a lower bitrate?
If you mean to copy tags and playstat from low bitrate tracks to new high bitrate rips then is it already possible using copy/paste Metadata!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

nynaevelan wrote:Bex:

In a future version can an option be added to the Copy/Paste section to "Set to Playcount from Songs table and/or an option to copy the play info instead of just cut?

This would be helpful for those situations when you have the same version of the song in different formats. Personally I would rather not have the same history in the copies, in order for it not to mess up my play stats, but I need the counts in order to generate my playlists.

I was thinking this might also be beneficial in the Add/Remove Playstats script but I was unsure where it should/would go.

Nyn
I'm not so sure this will make it into this script. Add/Remove Playstat would be better but i guess a new script would be best. We'll see what happens.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex wrote: I'm not so sure this will make it into this script. Add/Remove Playstat would be better but i guess a new script would be best. We'll see what happens.

A new script? I can see where it would have pieces of either ARPS or ADFF but why create a new script? But then I am not overly concerned about where it shows up, I would really just be content for it to show up. :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
flux

Re:

Post by flux »

Bex wrote:Thanks guys!

@Trixi,
Awaiting report :wink:

@Mizery_Made,
Only two dups? Just add them to the OK-list since you want to keep them.

@Teknojnky,
861 dups :o
I had like 500 and thought I was in the top but you bet me big time!
I'm down to 400 now and eventually all will be OK'ed or deleted.

Regarding not be able to "Add to OK-List" from the "same content" subnode. It's intentional to force you to look at the tracks, so you dont miss anything... I might change it in the next version.

oh yea? listen to this......1439 dups in 200 gigs of music:D lets see who beats me?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex:

In a future version could you add the option to add the Playcount field to the Copy/Paste section? The playcount field would be crucial for copying to alternate versions of the same file and the playhistory data is not necessary but the playcount is.

Nyn

Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Nyn:
I use copy/paste meta-data from the context menu to move this info.

RegExp Find & Replace also adds Increment/Decrement Playcount preset buttons which can be used for quick fixes.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

O:

I do not think that is going to help me for the massive changes which I am trying to make. I am currently investigating switching from mp3 file formats but I want to keep them with all the playcounts/histories that they have. But I need for the duplicate formats to have the playcounts starting at the point where the mp3s left off since my playlists/nodes are driven from the counts. But I do not want the mp3s to lose their data while I figure out which versions I will be switching to because my portable player and work database will still be using these mp3 files. MoDementia's SynctheSync script has the option to copy the playcounts but it lacks alot of the features which ZvezdanD's Redirect script has but that one doesn't have the playcount option. So I need a way to get the playcounts of 16,000 tracks to the alternate versions, once I initially get them there, the script can keep them in sync. I want the mp3 files to aways maintain the playhistories because those are the ones for my statistical data.

Bex

Post by Bex »

Nyn,

I'm not so keen to implement your request since novice users could easily "destroy" their playstatistic. Can't you just transfer the playstat from all your mp3's to the wma's and the test what you want to test? If it turns out well, keep it, if not transfer back the playstat to the mp3's again.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex wrote:Nyn,

I'm not so keen to implement your request since novice users could easily "destroy" their playstatistic. Can't you just transfer the playstat from all your mp3's to the wma's and the test what you want to test? If it turns out well, keep it, if not transfer back the playstat to the mp3's again.
I would rather not do that because I do not want to destroy my playstatistics :lol: :lol: but fear not ZvezdanD added the playcount to his Track Redirection script and that is good enough to get me what I need for the alternate versions of the tracks. :wink:

Nyn

Bex

Post by Bex »

Great! But your playstatistics wouldn't get destroyed, it would only reside within the wma's instead of the mp3's.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Probably not but I would rather not take any chances, when I get all the tracks converted and my library set back up I will create a test database to play with. But in the meantime I have a question or two because I am having some troubles but since I am running a couple of things I am having trouble finding out where the culprit lies. So here goes:

1. When album art is pasted from other tracks, is it setup with the same cover type as the original track? For instance my album art in the tracks to be pasted is Not Specified, will it overwrite this and make them Front Covers? Or should I first fix these with either SQL Viewer or Trixmoto's Album Art Tagger script?
2. Is there a limitation to how many copy/paste tracks can be done in one batch? I had @2700 tracks in the first playlist which I copied and then tried to paste to the same 2700 in a second playlist but I kept getting an error message that I could not copy back to the same tracks. The first set were mp3s and the second set were m4as.

On a side note this project has turned into more of a hassle than it is worth but I am more than half way through and now I have to finish it. :-?

Bex

Post by Bex »

1. It should paste them exactly as they are in the copied tracks. Doesn't it work for you?

2. No there's no limit but it will take some time to do it on so many. The warning message is there to prevent users from doing mistakes. It's not allowed to paste to tracks that has been copied. The lists you copy from and paste to must also be unique. I guess you accidentally have the exact same track duplicate times in your paste-to list?

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex wrote:1. It should paste them exactly as they are in the copied tracks. Doesn't it work for you?
I am not sure, I think I may be getting bad covers from the conversion process because I have never had a problem with this before. I am trying to narrow it down but the batch of conversions I have now were done before I noticed the problem with the album art.
Bex wrote:2. No there's no limit but it will take some time to do it on so many. The warning message is there to prevent users from doing mistakes. It's not allowed to paste to tracks that has been copied. The lists you copy from and paste to must also be unique. I guess you accidentally have the exact same track duplicate times in your paste-to list?
I thought that was the problem also but after getting the error a couple of times I double-checked to make sure I was doing it right. But no worries, I lowered the batch size and all is working like it is supposed to. I'm too engrossed into this to do too much research on it though. I was just curious if there was a size limitation or this is my idocy. And I did have some duplicates but it gave me a different message and I fixed those. I'm on my last genre and I was getting impatient and trying to do big batches but I've trimmed it back down to my batches of 1000 at a time.

EDIT: Ok I confirmed it, it is my conversion program that is giving me the bad covers and Copy/Paste was able to fix them as it should. Sorry I doubted your work, you would think I would know better since you work has never let me down before. It's too bad I can not get the MM plugin to work in batch mode and I refuse to pay for it without knowing if it will work to meet my needs, even if it is only $10. :-?

Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

The box for Custom Duplicate Search is larger than my screen so I can't click to save it after configuring. Is there anything that I can do about this?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

While you wait for Bex to offer a solution, you can try changing the resolution on your monitor to see if that will help. You can also try changing the skin, you might have better luck with another one.