Move Files 1.2 - Updated 10/01/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Move Files 1.2 - Updated 10/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

I guess it could be, I don't have Windows 7 so I can't test it.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
defacdc

Post by defacdc »

I just tried using Move Files 1.2 and it moves .cdg files with the mp3 files fine. But it does not rename the buddy file with the mp3 file. any help? Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well version 1.2 was released specifically to fix this issue and it works fine for me. Can you give me any more details?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
huge

Post by huge »

I'm 95% confident that I'm just being a dumb newbie (I think this is the 2nd script I've installed to MM), but MoveFiles isn't working for me.

I installed MoveFiles, restarted MM, tried to figure out how to change the list of filetypes in MoveFiles from within MM, couldn't find it (is there a way?), found the .vbs file and added "cdg" to the array (is that the right thing to do?) restarted MM again. I then placed a folder with two files in it: filename.mp3 and filename.cdg. MM moved the files into my library, and changed the filename of the .mp3 file but not the .cdg file. I tried renaming the .cdg file to .asd, and I got the same behavior.

Am I misunderstanding what MoveFiles is supposed to do?
Did I do something wrong in setting it up?
Do you need more info to help me solve this?

thanks in advance for any advice/education you can offer...
huge

Re:

Post by huge »

Linkowich wrote:Trixmoto: Thanks for a great script!

But, is there a way to get the script to also update the "buddy" filename when using auto organize so that it will still match the new name of the audio file?

Right now it seems to move the files alright, but if the audio file is auto-renamed the buddy file - audio file link will be lost.
Ahhh ... maybe the behavior I'm hoping for isn't included yet? Trixmoto replied to that post from last year saying "Thanks! This issue is already on my list to be fixed so watch this space! :)", but I don't see anything indicating that it's been done.

If that's true, what do I need to do in the meantime? Do I just manually rename the .cdg file? Or will that mess up MM's database? I don't know how MM keeps track of non-music filenames.

thanks again
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

As far as I'm aware MM does not keep track of non-music files at all, except for artwork which is linked in the tags, so renaming the files to match should be fine.
huge

Post by huge »

trixmoto wrote:As far as I'm aware MM does not keep track of non-music files at all, except for artwork which is linked in the tags, so renaming the files to match should be fine.
Great, thanks for the reply. So am I correct in thinking that as long as I make sure that the filename keeps up with the .mp3 filename, then your script will make sure that the "buddy" file follows the .mp3 file to any new folder it gets moved to? Or, in other words - your script handles any changes that happen to the files' locations as long as they *don't* result in a change to the music file's name?

thanks for the script and for your time...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I thought it should handle renamed files in the same folder as well, but I'll have to investigate this if you don't think it's working.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

trixmoto wrote:Well I thought it should handle renamed files in the same folder as well, but I'll have to investigate this if you don't think it's working.
This works fine for me! :-?
erijkgabriel

Post by erijkgabriel »

I'd like to use this script on my mac for dj'ing with ableton using itunes as library.
the description suits what I'd like to do but I do not know how to use this script.

is there a way to use this script as a folder action for mac

(i'd like to use it to freely change my music (mp3's/m4a's/wav's etc.) in itunes in a way that all the 'buddy' asd files (warp settings file) change accordingly, this to keep the music files in sync with the asd files)

Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks,
Erik
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This script only works with MediaMonkey.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Hi, thanks as usual for this. It's ages since I did an auto-organize and I can't remember if I used this at the same time. Anyway, one question...

I must have lots of files that are NOT named the same as the mp3 file e.g. folder.jpg. Can I move those files to the new folder too when I do an auto-organize?

Thank you. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you're emptying the folder then MM normally asks me if want to move the files as well.
Von

Post by Von »

trixie:

I am the guy who originally asked you to write Move Files to move the .asd files with Media Monkey.

So glad you updated this for Media Monkey 3! Its a huge help!

Awesome .. thanks again.

-Josh Von
Sizzly

Post by Sizzly »

Trixmoto,

Would you mind if I modified your script to work with Traktor MXM files (I know, just changing the Types array value) and released an installer on my webpage? I would obviously give you full credit for the effort.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com