Missing Album Art 2.0 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Missing Album Art 1.0 [MM2]

Post by Bex »

May I suggest a name change to "Missing Album Art Link".
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can suggest it! :lol:
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Lol! :lol:
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Re: Missing Album Art 2.0 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.0) is now available to download from my website. This version is now compatible with MM3. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Is this still under support/development? I wonder because last post was 2008.

I originally posted this in the beta section as I had forgotten I ever loaded this addon and thought there might be a problem with the newest beta ... below is the original text. I am now at 125497/145556 and it is 10 hours later.
----------------------------------------------------------------
2 Questions about 'Missing Artwork' in 'Files to Edit'

Postby dtsig » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:33 am
I am doing this on current beta, 1651, and so am posting here instead of the regular help section. I don't have std version to test against.

I clicked on Music/Files to Edit/Missing Album Art and it came up with a message that I have to run create reports ... so i did.

1) when it runs it actually counts each track on the bottom of the screen. I have 145K + tracks and this takes a really really long time. Why doesn't it do a simple SQL query to get the count of tracks without artwork. There is a 'Covers' table and I would think that that table would have this information. Why not seconds instead of HOURS?

2) When the process completed I asked me if i wanted to see the report. I clicked YES and it then sat there for a while (10-15 minutes) and crashed. I sent the report. But much to my surprise when I restarted MMW and went to Edit/Missing Album Art it said I had to run the report again. Why is this??? I would think that at the time it asked if i wanted to see the report the info would have been saved.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Sometime during the night around 130K (15K to go) the process locked up. MMW would not respond at all and I had to Task to kill. Last time something bad didn't happen until after the run completed and it was trying to display.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script is not checking to see which tracks do not have any artwork, it's checking for tracks which do have artwork, but the tags are pointing to an external image which does not exist. In other words, it's checking for broken artwork links. This is why it has to loop through all the tracks, in order to check all the artwork.

Looking at the script, it may be possible to improve the performance by only looping through tracks which have artwork, but I'd have to re-check the database structure, as I can't remember what is available off the top of my head.

This script doesn't update any information in the database, it just stores the report in location memory, which is why it has to start again if MM is closed. Again, it could be modified to create a new table in the database, or something like that, so that the report persists. The problem with that is that it could become out of date, so you'd need to remember to run the report again for it to be accurate.
MPG

Post by MPG »

Any chance of getting a script that automatically removes the missing link? I was an idiot a couple of months ago and tried to use Windows Media Player for external access to my music collection. Of course it conveniently started to create all of those damn .jpg files. I've since cleaned up the files, but now have over 20,000 songs with missing links. It'll take me forever to clean them up.

TIA,
MPG

Never Mind, checked your Album Art Script. Does exactly what I need. Should have known better. :oops: :roll:
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think process 7 on my Album Art Tagger script would do this.