Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What do you have your "Storage type" set to in the BatchArtFinder settings?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
salamat

Post by salamat »

OK, here I am!

My observation is this script work really great, but with a few minor disadventages;
1. When you search for an album art, it's not possible to change the name of the album or artist right away, which means you have to stop it and start it again if there is a misspelling in one of the fields......

2. When you have an art, and that's seems to be a bad one, and you skip that one, you cannot go back to the first one if the seccond or third is no better then the first one right away.

3. There is something happening sometimes that make this script not able to read the tracks propperly, coz I can use the lookup in amazon directly after trying your script with no avail, and autotag from amazon works imidiately with no changes made to the tracks.....

4. There was a button the first time I used it, with the name next on it, but that button totaly dissapered, even if I highlighted some hundred tracks, and made your script to batch 50 at a time. Don't know what happend, but missed that one.....

thats all I can remember for this time, but maybe that's because I have been drinking some beer allready...;-), so for this time on the evening, I'm longing out to the disco and dancingfloor........and all the pretty girls here in the Philippines....

Keep up your good work and cheerio! :D :D :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) Maybe in next version.
2) If you click the "remove" link and then the "try again" link it starts from the beginning, allowing you to get to the first.
3) If you can be more specific, maybe I can fix this.
4) That should be there - I'll investigate.

Thanks for your comments! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trence

Post by trence »

I figured it out, that option would be cool. I get mixed results from Google. I think Amazon would be awesome.
salamat

Post by salamat »

OK, thank you. How can I say this, regarding nr. 3? Well, it just happend with some of the albums I tried to search for art to, it will find the art, and I'm saving it, but when I return to that album, the art is not there! And I'm trying several times, but to no avail. Then I'm trying the tag from Amazon option for the same album, and there, no problem! Don't know what happend.....
But it's not really a big problem, just wonder why this happend sometimes.....

But anyway, you script is really great, and saved me for plenty hours work! So, Salamat Kaayo!!!
Zachm019

Post by Zachm019 »

On the newest version... when you check save beside the image does it automatically save it? or do you have to check the ones you want to save and when you click save all images does it just save the ones saved? And once it does that does the script close or is that away of saving your progress and it clears off the ones you have and you have to manually close it once your done?
Zachm019

Post by Zachm019 »

hars wrote:i'm getting this error:
followed by:

using latest rc build and default settings beside limiting number of images to 25. have i done something wrong?

edit: and this happens when i click "save all", when only some are selected (havent tested it with all selected), i should add.
I was getting a similiar error... and then I removed the google art finder to see if they were conflicting (since I haven't used that one yet) and then I got the same exact message... Could it be the new version of MM? Because I just updated the MM version. And each time I click save Mcafee virus scan comes up asking me to allow the script which I do...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The error indicates that Internet Explorer is not allowing you to use it's file download component - what version of IE are you using?

When you click "Save all images" it saves the images which are checked, they are not saved when you check the box. You can then hit the "Next" button to do the next lot, which continues from where you left off. If you exit, your current position is not stored however.
Zachm019

Post by Zachm019 »

version 6... after I get that error and I click next... the window just goes bye bye
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's possibly something to do with security settings. Have you enabled scripting in your My Computer zone?
Mason

Post by Mason »

just some recommenation, why not check www.rateyourmusic.com too .. they provide nice covers for allmoust anything ... and the url coding doesnt look that hard. sadly i have NO knowledge of scripting .. otherwise i would try some on my own ..

mason
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll add it to my to do list! :)
Zachm019

Post by Zachm019 »

trixmoto wrote:It's possibly something to do with security settings. Have you enabled scripting in your My Computer zone?
Where would that option be? Local Level in IE?

Also I only get the error when there are options checked...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

ActiveX warnings: In Internet Options, Local Intranet zone, enable "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe".
If you are still getting the warning messages - try this:
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This enables the above option in your My Computer zone
Zachm019

Post by Zachm019 »

:( Still same thing. I would go back to the old version that I knew that worked on my computer but this one allows me to limit the number that it finds which helps so I can do a couple here and there and not worry about losing everything.

EDIT: I went through that link again and scrolled down and it even tells you how to disable the update that blocks the ADODB Stream so that it would allow it... yet I still get the same error. The only difference is mine is Line 928 Column 4