Using Javascript?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

nonameman

Using Javascript?

Post by nonameman »

Hello everyone!

I've seen 2 .js files in the the new MMW's script folder. Is there any way to write scripts using Javascript?

Another unrelated question: How can I implement the interaction between WebControl and MMW?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me to the right direction. Thanks and happy scripting!
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Re: Using Javascript?

Post by Lowlander »

They're probably for lyrics and art retrieval new in MediaMonkey 4.1.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Another suggestion is to look at few MMW Scripts that Uses Search (Musicbrainz, All Music,) and some Trixmoto plugins like monkey rok.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can write scripts in JScript, although I have written all of mine in VBScript (although some have web functionality that does use Javascript). There are some differences between JScript and Javascript, but they are minimal...
The biggest difference now between JavaScript and JScript are all of the additional commands that JScript supports that allow access to ActiveX and the local computer. These commands are intended for use on intranet sites where you know the configuration of all of the computers and that they are all running Internet Explorer.

There are still a few areas remaining where JavaScript and JScript differ in the means that they provide to perform a particular task. Except in these situations the two languages can be considered to be equivalent to one another and so unless otherwise specified all of the references to JavaScript that you see will also usually include JScript.
From http://javascript.about.com/od/reference/a/jscript.htm
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.