What's the most needed plugin at the moment?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

pxdty

What's the most needed plugin at the moment?

Post by pxdty »

Talking about MM4.

Im having a hard time finding a lyric finder I like, but what else has room for improvement that you may be disappointed with?
rovingcowboy

Re: What's the most needed plugin at the moment?

Post by rovingcowboy »

Well thats a good question but i cant think of any off hand, maybe just running through the all scripts thread and finding the ones most used in mm 3 and get them working as best as possible in mm4, :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

I'd really like an update of the embedded visualization. The script made isn't supported any longer. It's a purely visual thing but I find it added a lot the the MM experience.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

JCfantasy23 wrote:I'd really like an update of the embedded visualization. The script made isn't supported any longer. It's a purely visual thing but I find it added a lot the the MM experience.
Embeded av?? Thats part of the mm program skinners make it to work with their skins style by use of images like all my skins do.

So if your having trouble with the av effect its either the skins using too manny images for it or the trouble is in the mm exe file.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

I meant like the old embedded visualization script - and also like Windows Media Player does. Like Milkdrop, etc.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
Just Guessing

Post by Just Guessing »

Personally, I am longing for speedy ways to change panel layouts. I would like to press a toolbar button and see a clean sparse layout for examination of numerous tags, or another button for column browser with a particular persistant-panel opened. Another button for a layout with NowPlaying/Media Tree and Art&Details view. -etc.

I haven't gotten any indication this is inherently possible with MediaMonkey. The old SonicFoundry Siren Jukebox could save layouts, that was in the nineties. I don't know why it isn't condsidered more useful today - it is VERY useful.

So, if MediaMonkey has some capability to quickly change layouts to predetermined user selections and locations; It is very close to the ONLY thing this superb software is missing for me.
PhYrE

Home Sharing

Post by PhYrE »

If someone would make home sharing work as a server, that would be just awesome.

The advantage? Click "other libraries" in the native iPhone/iPad music app and see your whole library.
Yes of course it would be nice if it supported DNLA, but it doesn't.
nohitter151

Re: Home Sharing

Post by nohitter151 »

PhYrE wrote:If someone would make home sharing work as a server, that would be just awesome.
You can already do that, see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ervers/4.0

Inside the boxed section.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
musinik

Post by musinik »

I think a feature which will help in the usage of library is a kind of Autofilter - when you can press on the column header and pick some values or put some criteria like in Excel 2010. The plugin MegaDJ is very useful for this purpose, but Autofilter is very desirable anyway. I think the only problem here might be is a Gold version policy, because creating Media Trees is available only in it. However Media Tree is much less useful in comparison to MegaDJ.
musinik

Post by musinik »

Another desirable feature is possibility to configure playing regions and track seek size.

This feature will be used by DJs/CJs and collectors of music library. The main purpose is to find tracks in a big library, listen through thousands of tracks in a short time.
In this case you need to do as less action as possible and identify track as quickly as possible.

How this can be achieved:
1. each next track starts playing from a position, fixed or in percentage, e.g. 1 minute or 15% of track length.
2. seek length can be configured, e.g. 20-30 seconds is good.
3. hotkeys should be configured in a way that all main action can be done with one hand (ideally) or at least without hand repositioning on a keyboard. It might sound a bit laughy, but when you need to process a couple of thousands of tracks you might miss your smile in a short time with ineffective actions :).

Best regards.

P.S.: I realized similar feature in a Winamp plugin, for personal usage only. But MediaMonkey has this good feature of custom fields and filtering with MegaDJ makes this application No.1.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

musinik wrote:when you can press on the column header and pick some values
Sounds like the Column Browser (see View menu).
musinik

Post by musinik »

Wow. Thanks! Autofilter and column browser are interchangeable.
One feature discovered.
eclecticlady

Post by eclecticlady »

A better way to choose genres! Discogs seems to have the most reliable information.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

eclecticlady wrote:A better way to choose genres! Discogs seems to have the most reliable information.
Trixmoto already made a great GenreFinder addon.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
mckennascole

Post by mckennascole »

I'd appreciate something to change/edit all the default field names in "basic", "details" and "classification" tabs in file properties section