In all honesty re MM sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rkeesecker

In all honesty re MM sync

Post by rkeesecker »

First things first. MediaMonkey is far and away the best media manager on the planet.

However ... After three years of trying to figure out MM sync to Android - I have learned how to do it successfully. Wow, what a steep curve that learning process is.

It is probably unknown to the folks at MM, but there is a funny line at the end of the Wiki help files section called "SD Card First Sync." It reads: "Finally, after you've attempted this numerous times over several weeks, you will realize that this process is a joke and doesn't work. Move on." Couldn't believe it's there, but it's hilarious, and is a great representation of the frustrations trying to sync MM to a device.

Anyway, once you learn how to sync (relatively) successfully, the next thing you will learn is that MMA app is a convoluted mess. My solution is to use Rocket Player, which is much, much faster and much, much more accurate in picking up the files MM has synced to my Android device.

Good luck to all, from a locked-in MMW media manager user not using MMA.
rkeesecker

Re: In all honesty re MM sync

Post by rkeesecker »

rkeesecker wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:07 pm First things first. MediaMonkey is far and away the best media manager on the planet.

However ... After three years of trying to figure out MM sync to Android - I have learned how to do it successfully. Wow, what a steep curve that learning process is.

It is probably unknown to the folks at MM, but there is a funny line at the end of the Wiki help files section called "SD Card First Sync." It reads: "Finally, after you've attempted this numerous times over several weeks, you will realize that this process is a joke and doesn't work. Move on." Couldn't believe it's there, but it's hilarious, and is a great representation of the frustrations trying to sync MM to a device.

Anyway, once you learn how to sync (relatively) successfully, the next thing you will learn is that MMA app is a convoluted mess. My solution is to use Rocket Player, which is much, much faster and much, much more accurate in picking up the files MM has synced to my Android device.

Good luck to all, from a locked-in MMW media manager user not using MMA.
I came back to this post an hour after posting it, hoping to just delete it. I wrote it out of frustration and I shouldn't have. It is not helping anyone and is just filling space in the forum. My apologies. Would delete if I could.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can delete it, but instead of deleting why do not we try to resolve your issues?

Your problem description is bit confusing, so lets start where we messed steps? (Calmly this time, not all of us are native English speakers) :wink:
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gibbleswick

Post by gibbleswick »

Oddly enough it helped me. I have had a few niggles with sync ruining a few bits of my library and while I have been waiting for my query to be approved I have read this, downloaded the app, and had my library copy perfectly to the app without any of the issues the Android MediaMonkey was giving me. Leave the post up here.