What happens to Audiobooks when syncing to iOS?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

regnaD kciN

What happens to Audiobooks when syncing to iOS?

Post by regnaD kciN »

In the past, when I wanted to sync a spoken recording from MM to my iPhone, it would just go over straight to the iTunes app on the phone, and I could access it from there.

Yesterday, I tried the same with a newer version of iOS (one which has the "Music" app instead of iTunes). After I synced, there were playlists for the "albums" I had sent over, but no tracks.

I found, in order to get it to work, that I needed to change the types of the files from "Audiobook" to "Music" in MM File Properties (to be clear, I'm talking about the "type" drop-down box near the top of the file properties dialogue, not any info in the "genre" dialog), then change it back to "Audiobook" for my own purposes in MM when I had finished. Cumbersome, but it works, sort of.

But I was curious -- is this just a flaky behavior from the change in iOS from the "iTunes" to "Music" app that it automatically disregards anything synced from MM with "Audiobook" set as its type, or is MM sending those tracks designated "Audiobook" to some other app on my phone? Has anyone had any experience with this?