Why is "Remove Device" grayed out??

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

sallenmd87

Why is "Remove Device" grayed out??

Post by sallenmd87 »

Latest version of MM. The following dll files are in the Portable Device Sync node of Options: d_iPhone, d_iPod and d_WMDM. There are devices listed there that I don't even have. I also want to delete all reference to my iPhone and start over with it because I'm having problems with syncing, including MM claiming that there is no room on it to sync even a handful of tracks despite the fact that even the gauge in MM shows that there is >300 GB of free space on the phone. Don't want to have to restore my phone from a backup in hopes of fixing the mess that MM has made of syncing, so wanted to try deleting all reference to my device from MM and starting sync from scratch before resorting to the desperation measure of restoring the phone. Thanks for any insights.
Lowlander

Re: Why is "Remove Device" grayed out??

Post by Lowlander »

On the Options tab of the Device Profile you can reset device options.

Make sure you're MediaMonkey is up-to-date and that you check out sync selection as you may have inadvertently have more content selected to be synced.

You can also try installing MediaMonkey as a Portable Install in a new location to try with a fresh copy or do a clean install: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ediamonkey (if you remove the database your Playlists/Podcasts/Play History will be lost).
sallenmd87

Re: Why is "Remove Device" grayed out??

Post by sallenmd87 »

Thanks! The reset worked in combination with deleting Apple Music from the phone and reinstalling it. I'd already made sure nothing else was checked but one small playlist. Thank goodness I didn't have to remove the database. Countless hours devoted over many years to creating a couple of a couple of hundred auto playlists to manage my 250,000 tracks.