Previously bought wifi sync for Android - new phone and its gone

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

El-Forkwit

Previously bought wifi sync for Android - new phone and its gone

Post by El-Forkwit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:37 am

I have just changed my Android phone and want to re-sync with my new handset. I had previously purchased wifi sync with my old handset but there does not seem to be a way to transfer that to the new?

Lowlander

Re: Previously bought wifi sync for Android - new phone and its gone

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Purchases are tied to the Play Store account. Is this the same for both devices?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

El_Forkwit

Post by El_Forkwit » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 am

Yes, but you cannot get the wifi add on at the store as a discrete download unless my searching is letting me down. You can only access the add on through the app itself? You open the app then select the upgrade from the in app list. I know it's only a couple of pounds and TBH I will just purchase pro from the store next time and that way it can't be lost, but it is slightly irritating.

rusty

Post by rusty » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:11 pm

Yes--in app purchases can only be accessed from the app itself. But assuming that MMA is on a device with the same account that was used to make the initial purchase, you should still have access to it on the new device.

When you click on the Wi-Fi Sync option, doesn't it just indicate that you've already made the purchase on that account and that it's active?

-Rusty