File names changed when sync from Windows 10 to Android

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

m3110w

Post by m3110w »

I just did a test sync of two mp3 files from my Windows 10 pc to my Android P mobile. The two synced files appeared in the correct directory on Android which was good. But the file names got changed. The file names are now ''_mp3mp3_1.'' and '_mp3mp3_2.'' What the heck is this? Why did MM change the file names? Can I change a setting so mp3 file names are not changed during sync from WIndows pc to Android? If yes, please reply with instructions on how to do this. Thanks.

I have MM Gold and I luv the program.

dtsig

Re: File names changed when sync from Windows 10 to Android

Post by dtsig »

Never seen this on my MM and MMA. What versions are you running?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This depends on your settings. In the Device Profile you set how the files will be named and in which folder structure. If you're not using <Filename> as Mask for the filename it may be changed.
m3110w

Post by m3110w »

dtsig wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:59 am Never seen this on my MM and MMA. What versions are you running?
Latest versions. Looks like I need to use the <Filename> mask to fix this. This is kinda complicated stuff for an average user to deal with.
m3110w

Post by m3110w »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:11 am This depends on your settings. In the Device Profile you set how the files will be named and in which folder structure. If you're not using <Filename> as Mask for the filename it may be changed.
I'm using the <Filename> mask and some file names are still getting changed. Follow link to see pic of the problem. Any way to fix this? I don't want any filenames changed when they sync to my android.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1siqkBb ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1siqkBb ... sp=sharing
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You've not set a filename for the all Collections, some of the other Collections don't have a Filename Mask.

That file doesn't have an extension either, have you tried removing it from the device directly and resyncing? Is that file correct in the MMW Library on your PC?