Snycing only select files with SanDisk Clip Sport

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Meme_Queen151

Snycing only select files with SanDisk Clip Sport

Post by Meme_Queen151 »

Hi, all! I'm new and am overwhelmed by all the documentation and don't know where to start. I need to sync my Sandisk Clip Sport with my music library on my computer. HOWEVER, there are some songs/albums/artists that I want to exclude from syncing, as I have 15.7 GB of music and only 7.8 GB of total space on the device. To be clear, I want to keep these files on my computer, but not on my Sandisk. I've already played with the autosync device settings, but it seems the only option is copy all of my device music (which is unnecessary, as all of the music from my device is already on the computer in my NEW MUSIC LIBRARY folder), and then deselect the files that should be exempt from syncing?
Lowlander

Re: Snycing only select files with SanDisk Clip Sport

Post by Lowlander »

You can select any number of Playlists or Collections or select specific Albums, Artists, etc. So you're probably best off creating either Playlists of what you want to have included in the sync list.
Meme_Queen151

Post by Meme_Queen151 »

Thanks! That helps! Just to make things less complicated I bought a Micro SDHC card for my SanDisk, so I should be able to add EVERYTHING.
Meme_Queen151

Post by Meme_Queen151 »

OH, one more thing! I noticed that if I have the music on my computer AND on my clip sport, my library contains two copies of each song. Does that mean that I have duplicates stored on the computer? When I disconnect the Sandisk, the duplicates still show up.

I'd submit a screenshot but I'm not sure since there's not an option to upload a picture, copy and paste, and it's not letting me use the image link from imgBB.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sounds like you may have copied files instead of sync. With sync your MediaMonkey Library should not have duplicates pointing to the device. You should be able to remove the device copies by removing the device from Music > Location in the Media Tree.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... orum-posts
Meme_Queen151

Post by Meme_Queen151 »

Thanks for the reply! Even when the device is disconnected, i see duplicates.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you remove the duplicates? Otherwise you'll keep seeing them.