Windows detects MTP device correctly, but MMW does not detect anything.

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ConfusedInSound

Windows detects MTP device correctly, but MMW does not detect anything.

Post by ConfusedInSound »

I've tried going through the help doc. Under tools-> devices, I found a few of my old phones (which I removed), and a few entries that I am not familiar with (which I can't remove). However, my current phone does show up.

Potentially related side issue: Regardless of whether I check/uncheck the items in that list, I don't see them appearing anywhere on MM and I can't "send to device" because no devices appear in that list.

My current device is a Huawei Honor 6x.
It is plugged into the PC via USB and the device is set to allow access to all files (MTP). I can open both the phone's internal memory and the phone's SD card via windows explorer no problem.

I also have MMA, however I can NOT do wi-fi sync because my desktop does not have wi-fi capabilities. Therefore, I must do a wired sync.

Although I can (and have) manually copied my music over to my phone, I would really like my playlists and ratings as I have spent a substantial amount of time on those.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!!
Lowlander

Re: Windows detects MTP device correctly, but MMW does not detect anything.

Post by Lowlander »

MMW doesn't need to be on wifi, as long as it's on the same network it can do a wifi sync with MMA.

Do an actual sync (wifi or USB) if you want Playlists synced over: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device