Newbie needs help

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

cuetipper

Rating System

Post by cuetipper »

Can the Mobile MM app star rating system be viewed by windows media player on my pc or only MM
Lowlander

Re: Rating System

Post by Lowlander »

MMA can only save Ratings to its database for now, thus this can only be seen by MMW. MMW on sync can save it to the files on the PC though.
cuetipper

Newbie needs help

Post by cuetipper »

I want to use MM Mobile on my android, and set the ratings on my music. Then plug the phone ino my PC and use MM desktop to organize the songs in folders based on those ratings. But everytime I plug my phone into the pc the ratings on my phone reset to "0". I am sure I have some setting wrong. Can any one help me figure this out? I really only need it to sync 1 way - phone to PC, so i can view the sd card from MMDT and move the songs.

Also where are the synced songs kept on the pc? As it is my work pc I would like to delete them whenever i finish.
cuetipper

Rating Views

Post by cuetipper »

Is it possible to use MM Desk Top to view the sd card directly from my phone and view the ratings without syncing?
If so how please?
Lowlander

Re: Newbie needs help

Post by Lowlander »

You need to sync for Ratings from MMA to be saved back to files on the desktop (or if the files aren't there sync the files to the desktop). MMA doesn't save Ratings to the files (at the moment), thus a sync with MMW is required to get this data to the desktop.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you change the Rating in MMA prior to connecting it to your PC and which version of MMW and MMA?
cuetipper

Post by cuetipper »

I listen to the music while driving and then when I sync to the pc at home they all vanish off the phone
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Read the above link on sync instructions.
cuetipper wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:23 pmthey all vanish off the phone
The files or the Ratings?