Entire 250GB iTunes library to an Android SD card

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dnmanes

Entire 250GB iTunes library to an Android SD card

Post by dnmanes » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi-
I have just switched from an iPhone to Android and purchased a large SD card. I would like to copy my iTunes music library to the SD card. Firstly, is this even reasonable? I'm imagining a folder for each album with the tracs, but don't know at this point if there is an Android music app that would work for this, and if so, how it would handle (if at all) album art?

Would MediaMonkey be able to pull this of without the need of copying one album at a time? I have my entire library uploaded to Google, but I would love to organize it further with MediaMonkey (I haven't used it in perhaps 5 years) and have it available locally.

Lowlander

Re: Entire 250GB iTunes library to an Android SD card

Post by Lowlander » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:09 am

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

You can organize how you wish, it's set in the Device Profile. You may want to try MediaMonkey for Android (MMA). MediaMonkey (MMW) will sync the relevant data about the files to it. It starts though, with having your media organized in MMW as whatever MMW has as data on your media will be synced to your device.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)