Adjust volume level when synching?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Re: Adjust volume level when synching?

Post by Zonky »

Peke wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:43 pm I guess reply in ticket didn't go thru, No all work OK on my PC and syncing.
I don't get any notifications neither from the forums nor from the ticket system, although all options are checked :-? So, just had a look at the ticket - no reply from support staff either :roll:
Peke wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:43 pm Can you please in ticket also send me DL link for two files that do not level on sync?
Replied with a OneDrive link within the ticket, thanks,
Michael
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I checked your files and Db difference is ~27db and even lower db files they are sooooo compressed that they can't be leveled without distortion.

You can use free https://www.wavosaur.com/ to see what I'm talking about.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Peke wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:14 pm Hi,
I checked your files and Db difference is ~27db and even lower db files they are sooooo compressed that they can't be leveled without distortion.
Thank you for looking at!

However, MM4 does not even try to adjust any of my 130 synchronized files, no matter if there is a gap up to 27 db or not. Hence, I assumed that there may be an issue with MM.

Michael
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Hmmmm, they are leveled on my phone when I copy them back to PC for compare.

I would try to analyze volume in MMW, then use MMW COPY to New Destination + Auto Organize + Level and then copy files manually to see if they are leveled on car.

Use wavasour for comparison.
Best regards,
Peke
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

I'm almost sure that the car audio does not use any appropriate ID3 tag for levelling if available (don't know for sure).
Hence the need for any direct modification of my mp3 files.

Nevertheless, I will try what you suggested above...

Michael
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please let us know the results as if done in these steps destination files should be all leveled and very similar in volume.

Compare them in wavasour.
Best regards,
Peke
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Peke wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:54 am I would try to analyze volume in MMW, then use MMW COPY to New Destination + Auto Organize + Level and then copy files manually to see if they are leveled on car.
Pavle,
I did already analyze the volume level of all files using menu item "Tools->Analyze Volume" so far. I noticed that many if not all files have been change, at least the last modification date/time has changed. Guess MM4 did change some ID3 tags, right?

What do you mean by "COPY to new Destination"? Rescan the library using menu "File->Add/Rescan files to library"? Reorganizing my files to a new (sub-)folder?

Next step your mentioned: "+ Auto Organize"? Is this the step I've already done by menu item "Add/Rescan files..." above?

This leads me to your next step you posted: "+ Level". Do you mean a second call to "Tools->Analyze Volume"?

cu,
Michael
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Replied in Ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

I'm now using mp3gain for volume levelling after the synchronization process to my memory stick.

FWIW, MM5 does not change files either although the device profiles is set to 89 db for volume levelling, hence different volume here, too.

Michael
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Obviously I'm not alone with my issue forum.mediamonkey.com/viewtopic.php?p=8 ... 8ba#p82725

So I guess volume levelling, especially while synchronizing to any device does not work and one has to use a 3rd party tool like mp3gain to get lossless levelling.
I don't mind if this is the correct way to get the same level over all my mp3 files, however, I wonder why there is an option within the device profile that is of no value at all.

Michael
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It works fine here. Both applying leveling on sync (for any device you sync to) as well as using Analyze Volume tags on Apple devices and Android devices with MMA.