Synching Playlists on Sony Walkman NW-A45

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

GunsOfBrixton

Synching Playlists on Sony Walkman NW-A45

Post by GunsOfBrixton » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Wanted to drop in and post on a problem I experienced and resolved in synching my new Sony Walkman with MediaMonkey.

If you are experiencing an error where your playlists aren't showing up on your device after synching, it may be a result of MediaMonkey's settings for synching the device. On the "Options" tab for the device, under the "Playlists" section, ensure that the destination directory is set to /Music/. The NW-A45 does not recognize playlists that are not in the Music folder on either the device or the SD Card.

I couldn't find the answer directly anywhere else, so wanted to put it out there for others since I was just about to return my new player, which I otherwise like.

I suspect this may also be the case with other similar Walkmans (Walkmen?), e.g., the Sony NW-A30, A35, or A40.

Peke

Re: Synching Playlists on Sony Walkman NW-A45

Post by Peke » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:58 pm

This is known for some devices where relative path and linux folder format needs to be used.

Once you have correct settings you can share them with others at https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -profiles/
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

jjbrdski

Post by jjbrdski » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:23 pm

GunsOfBrixton wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:52 pm
Wanted to drop in and post on a problem I experienced and resolved in synching my new Sony Walkman with MediaMonkey.

If you are experiencing an error where your playlists aren't showing up on your device after synching, it may be a result of MediaMonkey's settings for synching the device. On the "Options" tab for the device, under the "Playlists" section, ensure that the destination directory is set to /Music/. The NW-A45 does not recognize playlists that are not in the Music folder on either the device or the SD Card.

I couldn't find the answer directly anywhere else, so wanted to put it out there for others since I was just about to return my new player, which I otherwise like.

I suspect this may also be the case with other similar Walkmans (Walkmen?), e.g., the Sony NW-A30, A35, or A40.
Thank you so much for the post!!!!!
I have been going nuts trying to get this to work! Days and hours!!!!
Great Idea! It did work however, I now can see the playlists on (walkman) but there's nothing in them! They're empty. I have approx 30 playlist and I'd hate not being able to use them.
Any idea on what i could do next? I'd really appreciate any advice, as I got the player last week and haven't been able to use it!!

jjbrdski

Peke

Post by Peke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Empty Playlists often means that path to tracks are wrong.
Have you tempered with playlist format as I suggested above. You can also force other formats of Playlists and enable other formats if you want to test and MMW didn't detected it as supported.

It is bit hit and miss but I'm almost certain that you find right combination.
Best regards,
Pavle

acmi

Post by acmi » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:33 pm

I opened the File Explorer on my PC, copied all the playlists (M3U) from the Playlists folder to the Music folder. It seems to have worked. I hope this helps.

Peke

Post by Peke » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 am

Hi,
THX for update, but that confirmed my suspicion about relative path I guess if you open one of M3Us path starts without drive letter and "/"
Best regards,
Pavle

kailash331

Post by kailash331 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:47 am

OMG GUYS
So first thank you so much for this response I've tried multiple software and for me the playlists always showed up but somehow when I open the playlist on my walkman it would say no files found etc. and then your suggestion to check the device options made me realize that it was using the Linux file naming convention (I had suspected for very long that the issue was due to the path given for the song) so please, share this as much as you can! I see people all over the internet with this problem
Many thanks

BradBain01

Post by BradBain01 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:24 am

thanks, just encountered this issue last night and this was the answer.

wooo hooo!!!!

Brad