Android 8.0 MM (on SD card) no longer syncs with Windows 10 MM

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

roadworn.lew

Android 8.0 MM (on SD card) no longer syncs with Windows 10 MM

Post by roadworn.lew »

Hi all,

I've been using media monkey on Windows for a few years now. Recently, an issue has started that I haven't been able to resolve. I always sync over USB. My media monkey files are on my SD card on my Android 8.0 Samsung Galaxy S7. The db files are stored on the phone though. This syncs to mediamonkey on my Windows 10 64 bit desktop machine. In the last 3 weeks, playcounts and rating changes (probably lyrics, etc as well) made on my phone no longer sync back to my desktop database. Any suggestions? I've double checked to see if maybe a disconnected scrobbler from simple.lastdotfm was to blame. I've since fixed that (it still won't log me on to lastdotfm, but I switched to libredotfm). Even with this, last played, playcounts, and ratings aren't updating. Any suggestions about what to try?
Lowlander

Re: Android 8.0 MM (on SD card) no longer syncs with Windows 10 MM

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using MMA to play the files and change the Ratings?

Which version of MMA and MMW are you using? Did you verify that the option to sync metadata back to Library is still enabled?
s2xtreme4u

Post by s2xtreme4u »

I've had the same problem since the most recent update. everything was working fine now it no longer does.

I have yet to find a solution. tried to delete and reinstall, tried changing settings. nothing. something about the update prevents meta data from the phone being sent to the computer.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It sometimes depend on MMA/MMW combination? What versions you use?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts