wrong iPod after iTunes restore

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

markeh

wrong iPod after iTunes restore

Post by markeh »

I had to "restore" my iPod 160 using iTunes. Don't know why, but the ipod insisted. This worked fine, but completely erased my iPod.
Now I want to sync using MM. MM recognized the iPod, but thinks it's a different device than the original, which means all of the settings (principally the list of what to sync to the iPod) are not being used.

I can see the old iPod settings in options>Portable Device Sync with the old settings still intact. The old device was named Ipod160. So as part of the itunes restore, I renamed it the same.
Now MM thinks there are two devices with identical names - when I plug connect it now, MM titles it Ipod160 (1). The new device settings have nothing set to sync.

The old device settings are still there, but so far unusable.

So... I either want MM to recognize that they are in fact the same device and sync accordingly, or I want to somehow copy the saved settings from the old Ipod160 settings to the new Ipod160 settings.

Suggestions please....

thnx,

Lowlander

Re: wrong iPod after iTunes restore

Post by Lowlander »

Sync selection can't be transferred, but other sync settings can exported and imported from the Device Profile.
markeh

Re: wrong iPod after iTunes restore

Post by markeh »

Lowlander wrote:Sync selection can't be transferred, but other sync settings can exported and imported from the Device Profile.
Any way of persuading MM that the old ipod and the new(old) ipod are really the same device??