Autosync to USB with <Autiunumber> does not find duplicate

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

sommernacht

Autosync to USB with <Autiunumber> does not find duplicate

Post by sommernacht »

Hi there,

I am using USB-Sticks for my car and some portable radios.

Music files are autosynced to one folder on the USB-stick with <Autonumber> in the beginning. I am working with playlists, so i do not want titles to be synced twice to the stick. Seems because of using <Autonumber>, MM does not recognize titles are existing on the stick, also if the tags are the same. Is MM just comparing the files by the filename? Is there a way to change this?

Hope you understand my problem and anybody has a solution.

Thanks, Kasi
Peke

Re: Autosync to USB with <Autiunumber> does not find duplica

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately, there in no way ATM to prevent that like you said, but we are working on solving that.

Main problem for the Car stereos is that they are at best per folder and sort by order of files written to drive. Even my new 2 months old Android HeadUnit native music app acts like that. I'm lucky as MMA works on HeadUnit so I sync directly to MMA and do not have any duplicates and full control over playlists along with what tracks are synced and where, but prior to that in order to play various playlists that may contain same tracks I needed to have multiple copies of files with Auto Numbers.

Here is my Music File Location Option I'm using to sync USB stick for LG and Pioneer Car Stereos: \Music\<Playlist>\<Auto Number>. <Artist> - <Title>
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts