Auto-Convert

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

GladdBag

Auto-Convert

Post by GladdBag »

Hi, new to the forum but been using MM for a while. Question about upgrading to Gold - I have a large number of FLAC files in my library that my phone plays no problem when I sync to my phone; however, I also want to sync to a thumb drive for playback in my vehicle, but my vehicle head unit does not support FLAC files. If I were to buy the Gold version, will MM auto-convert all the FLAC files to 320kbs when I sync the thumb drive for my vehicle? I don't want to maintain two separate libraries, one for my phone and one for my vehicle.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Auto-Convert

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, MediaMonkey can Auto-Convert on Sync. The settings for this are a Gold feature.
GladdBag

Post by GladdBag »

Lowlander wrote:Yes, MediaMonkey can Auto-Convert on Sync. The settings for this are a Gold feature.
Thanks for the quick reply. To clarify, this will only affect the files on the USB drive though, right?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Auto-Conver on Sync only converts the files for the device and leaves originals as-is.
GladdBag

Post by GladdBag »

Lowlander wrote:Yes, Auto-Conver on Sync only converts the files for the device and leaves originals as-is.
Thanks for your help; bought the gold version and it worked beautifully. Worth every penny.