MMW - MMA create no new folders

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

MMW - MMA create no new folders

Post by Guest »

Hi!
I'd like to sync (some of) my mp3s to my smartphone's SD Card (Android). This should be done to some custom Folder like "SD\Music SD\". No other files (like podcasts, videos, classical music) shall be synced. What are the correct preferences so that MM will NOT create any additional folders on my SD Card (like "Videos" oder "Music\Podcasts")? Because this happens all the time I try to sync: MMW creates additional folders on my SD Card.
In addition, is it enough to only grant access to the "Sd\Music SD" folder on MMA?
MariaWoodson

Re: MMW - MMA create no new folders

Post by MariaWoodson »

Hi! Were you able to find the answer to your question? I'd appreciate your answer!

Post by Guest »

No, not yet. But I destroyed my microSD during a sync :o :D
I hope one of the MMW-MMA-sync veterans can help us
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You need to correct destination folders in Device profile to point to same one as root folder eg. copy/paste music destination to other settings.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by Guest »

Hi!
I think I did that. On my Smartphone I declared "sd card\Music SD" as my (only) library folders as I want to sync mp3 files only. This sync runs smoothly. Nonetheless, some more folders are created automatically during the sync by MMW: "sd Card\Music [not "Music SD"]\audiobooks" "...\classical", "...\podcasts" and so on. These appear in the MMA library ffolders menu now, too.
How can I prevent MMW to create these folders, initially?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) in MMW set the Destination Path for all Types to the same folder. This should prevent these folders from being created.

Post by Guest »

Yes, that would be the most straightforward workaround. Thank you!
Nonetheless, folders like "\podcast" or "\audiobooks" would be created anyway, wouldn't they?