SD Card in Walkman can´t be synced with some settings

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Snofru

SD Card in Walkman can´t be synced with some settings

Post by Snofru »

This is really a strange one.

I use a Sony Walkman NW-A35 that has internal memory and a MicroSD-slot. I´d like to sync to the SD card inserted in the device but I can´t do this when I select the normalization of sound level in the sync settings ("Lautstärke beim Synchronisieren anpassen" in my german version, set to 95 dB).

More details:
I am using MMW 4.1.18.1842. When I connect the Walkman I see both the internal memory and the SD card both in windows file manager and in MMW in "My Computer". I also always have the internal memory available in the tree view, ready to sync. I also see the SD-Card in the tree (and can sync without issue) if sound level normalization is turned off. I definitely cannot sync with the normalization turned on as the SD card disappears from the tree. To switch between these states I usually have to unplug and re-plug the Walkman cable.

I´d like to use the sound level normalization but how can I? It already took me a number of hours to find out that the sound levelling is the culprit as I just couldn´t sync without an obvious reason. Brought me a number of grey hairs, too...
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Lowlander

Re: SD Card in Walkman can´t be synced with some settings

Post by Lowlander »

Never heard of this before. You should capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

I have installed the Debug version and couldn´t see the issue. I reinstalled MediaMonkey_4.1.18.1842.exe and I can sync without issue.

If I can replicate the problem in the future I will try to produce a debug log.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That is good news.