How to stop deleting files from device when syncing

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

buff

How to stop deleting files from device when syncing

Post by buff »

Hi, hope someone can help.

I've used MMW for some years now and not noticed having this issue before. I've recently installed MMA as well - not sure if that has any bearing. When I click auto-sync in MMW, it deletes all files from my android phone, then puts them back on plus any new ones that weren't there that I had added to the selected playlists etc...

Whilst this is ok, with 60gb coming off and going back on, it takes a long time and I would prefer (and thought it better) to simply just add any new files that aren't already on the device.

Obviously I don't know the inner workings of these things, so maybe what it is doing is normal, but if someone could let me know if there is a way to stop this, that would be great.

I guess I could deselect all the playlists/artists etc... that I had originally selected and put on, and as long as I don't have the "delete other files" checkbox checked (which I don't) then maybe it would leave them on and just add the newly selected files. But I'd prefer to have all that I want selected so i.e. I have a playlist checked for Aerosmith - if I add a couple of songs to that playlist and then click auto-sync it will just had those two new songs.

Thanks for any help
Lowlander

Re: How to stop deleting files from device when syncing

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA, MMW and Android are you using and are you syncing to the internal or external (SD) memory? Presumably you're doing a USB sync?