Video file conversion on sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jtwographics

Video file conversion on sync

Post by jtwographics »

I have an issue with trying to load video onto my iOS devices through Media Monkey. I can sync audio files (music, audiobooks etc) just fine, but with video its a different story.

Most video files that I try to sync begin to convert to mp4 which dramatically slows down the process. The strange thing is that they are already mp4's I have found a few files that will simply copy to the device at the same speed that iTunes will copy them. But I cannot find any difference in the codec used (h.264) between the files that will sync without conversion that those that won't. I have gone into the device profile window under the options tab and under the Auto Conversion section and tried disabling the conversion, but after that when I try to sync I am just given an error the the file is not supported by the device.

What confuses me is that iTunes will copy these files to my devices just fine even though Media Monkey will not. If any one has any suggestions that could help me with this issue, I would be very grateful.

iPhone 5 SE running iOS 10.0.2
iTunes 12.5.4.42
Media Monkey Gold 4.1.15.1830

Video files are created from DVD's ripped using MakeMKV 1.10.5 and then compressed through Handbrake 0.10.2.7286 using the normal profile.

Some files used the de-interlace filter in Handbrake which resulted in a frame rate of 48 fps instead of 24, and these files seem to be the ones that will copy to the device without converting, but I have taken a file that's already been run through Handbrake and re-compressed it with the de-interlace filter but it still will not sync without converting.

Thanks,
Lee
Lowlander

Re: Video file conversion on sync

Post by Lowlander »

Configure the Support Formats rule and add more supported audio/video options.
jtwographics

Post by jtwographics »

The files video codec settings were already listed as supported formats. So I just went down the line and added EVERYTHING. Still got the error. THen I realized I had only added all possible video settings. Went back and added all the possible audio formats/settings and it worked. So now I just need to go back through and figure out exactly what the audio settings are that I need to include.

Thanks very much for your help.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you find one file that always forces conversion please upload it on some file hosting like onedrive/dropbox/google drive/... and send me PM with download link so that we can analyze it and replicate if possible?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts