sync with S5

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

radionico

sync with S5

Post by radionico »

Hello,
I'm very happy wiyh mm 1719, last version for windows 8.1....
The very annoying thing is sync with galaxy S5 (with lollipop 5.0 os). the S5 is in MTP mode.
Most of the time, when i want to synch a playlist with the SD card in the smartphone, i have a message like :"copy to my phone - card - initialisation" and nothing happens... am i wrong with my method?
I'm very sad because this issue is a dealbreaker for me, and i'm very happy with the MM media management in my Windows 8.1...
Thanks for your help and hi from sunny Paris ;o)
dtsig

Re: sync with S5

Post by dtsig »

I love it when people say " .. this is a dealbreaker ... " :D

I would suggest 2 things to try .. 1 get the latest beta for both MMW here and Android here. In both cases look for the ".. last post in the thread .. " link. There have been many fixes and things seem to be very smooth with the S5 here.

The other thing would be to try a wifi sync. I like that much better myself.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
radionico

Post by radionico »

Merci, I try this very soon and keep you posted ;o)
and sorry for the
"this is a dealbreaker ", i was desperate because i really like the soft and so sad not to be able to use my S5 with !
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

No worries .. you weren't the first and wont be the last <G>

There are a lot of really smart people here who will help you .. and then there are those like me who will just throw grenades until we hit the target :)
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Most people find that wifi sync (requires MMA Pro) works much more reliable than USB sync.

Do note that occasionally Device Profiles get switched. Thus the Device Profile for internal will actually sync to the external. You can rename the Device Profiles to reflect this and then setup accordingly.
radionico

Post by radionico »

bonjour,
I installed the beta 1.1.0.0405 on my S5 and the .1736 windows version on my PC...
so far it works much better, I was able to sync 3 playlist (thru wifi)...
As I have a 128 gb sd card, ,I'd like to transfer my 125 gb music collection directly on the sd card, bypassing the S5, using a card reader.
. is it a good idea an if yes in wich folder should i copy it on the sd card? mm? music?
Thanks for your help ;o)
Nicolas
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't suggest doing so as Google limits access to SD cards on Android 4.4 and up. If you need the correct folder (it's mentioned on the forum) you could wifi sync 1 file as that would give the correct folder. I'm not sure though if MMA can scan SD card (even it's own media folder) on Android 4.4 and up (so try with a few files synced directly to card to find out).