SanDisk Clip Sport Issues

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

DMLCo

SanDisk Clip Sport Issues

Post by DMLCo »

Basically, no matter what I do, MM sees the device as having a 7.1 GB OTHER file on it, preventing device synchronization.

This is true despite having reset the device, having formatted the device, and having deleted the device from MM itself. Repeatedly, in different combinations, and with restarts of MM in between.

In Windows Explorer, the device shows as empty (I've formatted it through Windows as well).

So, I *think* the question is how to force MM to reset its inventory of the drive, so it sees that the device is, indeed, empty?

I have also installed (ugh) the SanDisk firmware updated, which shows it as fully updated and current.

Any ideas?
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Lowlander

Re: SanDisk Clip Sport Issues

Post by Lowlander »

How does the sync fail though?

MediaMonkey shows what will be on the device post sync, so this is why the question is how sync fails.
DMLCo

Re: SanDisk Clip Sport Issues

Post by DMLCo »

The sync says there isn't enough room on the device. If I say YES, it acts as if it is copying files over to the device, but moves through it all very, very quickly (as if it was just confirming that the file was already there--but, remember, the device is literally freshly formatted).

An update, though: after a second reboot of the computer, MM saw the device as blank and sync'd correctly. I will be re-syncing it tomorrow, and will update with how that goes.
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.