converting napster "protected" .wma audio to itune

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

converting napster "protected" .wma audio to itune

Post by guest »

Like a dummy, I bought an ipod for wife for Christmas without doing my homework; now here I am hat in hand. Because she has "free" month at napster; however in attempting the .wma conversion process, I get dialogue box w/red x that says protected .wma filescannot be converted. Put in original cd and files can be converted into itunes. I cannot return the ipod, as I had it personalized. Is there any software/process that I can obtain to enable the conversion?
Josti

Post by Josti »

Mmh i'm not familar with itunes, but burning the protected file (maybe even to a CD-Image rather than a real CD) and ripping it off the CD should do the trick, but is rather complicated for tons of music
jrouss

Try this program

Post by jrouss »

http://www.tunebite.com/

This is the program I used for the songs I had purchased from MusicMatch. To me it was worth buying the CD trick was to labor intensive for the number of songs I had tunebite allow you to record an MP3 copy of the while you listen to it. Tunebire also has a high speed setting. I am not sure but there may be similar programs out there but, this is the one I found. Otherwise the CD method does work.

Jrouss