Devices known to synch correctly

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

villen

How to sync external memory

Post by villen »

with the newest firmware from sandisk it is possible to display both the internal and external memory. Before you use the usb to connect to your computer go to the settings menu

Then scroll down until you see the new option of "USB Mode." Instead of MTP or Auto-detect select the MSC Mode and your sansa will now display both internal and external memory while syncing to media monkey. If Other devices have a option of how the usb syncs this should be a quick fix for you as well.

Its funny I came on here to find the answer to this problem many and myself were having only to ended up giving it. Well I hope i've saved someone the worry. :)
chrisjj

Re: Devices known to synch correctly

Post by chrisjj »

Six months on... could the Mods please add this device to the list? Thanks.
Chris
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

chrisjj wrote:Six months on... could the Mods please add this device to the list? Thanks.
Sorry... what device?

EDIT: I've just made some changes to the first post in this thread to reflect that the list is now being maintained at the wiki - so any registered user can make additions to the compatible devices list.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> Sorry... what device?

Oops, sorry - I forget this forum doesnt thread.

> the list is now being maintained at the wiki

Excellent improvement.

> - so any registered user can make additions to the compatible devices list.

Will do. Thanks.
Chris
DrMagnet1

Post by DrMagnet1 »

I have the same issue with my Sansa c250. Only the internal memory shows up
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

DrMagnet1 wrote:I have the same issue with my Sansa c250. Only the internal memory shows up
This should be improved in MM 3.1.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

so my Sony's (inc. X series) sync. fine - but, my interpretation of 'sync.' has always been to match one with the other.

So, why does MM insist on removing all old content and re 'syncing' the entire playlist - rather than just adding the one or two new tracks. I have a playlist that is around 190 tracks long - takes getting on for an hour to sync.!!

now SonicStage was a worthless piece of trash. But, it didn't have to use a sledge hammer to crack a nut!

if i'm missing someth. i'd certainly appreciate someone bringing me up to speed... if not, sure hope you folks address this...
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> my interpretation of 'sync.' has always been to match one with the other.

y MM has a different interpretation from most programs. Others' send MM calls "Sync". Others' Sync MM calls "Auto-sync". Others' Auto-Sync, MM doesn't have.

> why does MM insist on removing all old content and re 'syncing' the
> entire playlist - rather than just adding the one or two new tracks.

Becausee I'd guess you're doing an MM Sync which is actually a send of the whole list.

The only way I know to get a true sync is to use MMs Auto-Sync list, of which unfortunately there is only one. See device right-click, Configure Device.
Chris

Post by Guest »

chrisjj wrote: y MM has a different interpretation from most programs. Others' send MM calls "Sync". Others' Sync MM calls "Auto-sync". Others' Auto-Sync, MM doesn't have.

Becausee I'd guess you're doing an MM Sync which is actually a send of the whole list.

The only way I know to get a true sync is to use MMs Auto-Sync list, of which unfortunately there is only one. See device right-click, Configure Device.
i appreciate the feedback. I switched setting to 'Auto-Sync'. But, MM still insisted on 'Removing Old Contents' and reinstalling the entire playlist just to add the one single new track!

call me old fashioned, but surely 'correct' Sync. function is a fairly fundamental job of a media player, no. I sure hope MM get to grips with this.

BTW, i have a licence for MM and it remains my favourite player - one i've often recommended to others, but it sure does have it's issues...
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> MM still insisted on 'Removing Old Contents'

IME, MM's "Removing old contents" indication is mostly false. Having said which if:

> reinstalling the entire playlist just to add the one single new track!

does mean MM is resending all the /tracks/ in the playlist as well as the list itself, then it sounds like an actual sync logic failure. I have seen this on ZEN for small percentage of files (due to filename corruption on send), but not 100% - yours sounds like a different cause. It would be worth hearing if any user has got MM to sync this Sony model.

> call me old fashioned, but surely 'correct' Sync. function is a fairly fundamental job of a media player, no.

Yes.

> I sure hope MM get to grips with this.

You, me and quite a few others. But there is a large backlog of sync issues to be addressed.
Chris

Post by Guest »

chrisjj wrote:It would be worth hearing if any user has got MM to sync this Sony model.
there may not be too many others right now with NWZ-X series (1060) 'cause they've only been out a couple of weeks.

I've just updated my NWZ-A829 and A818 and that appeared to go fine -- with 'Auto-Sync.' option MM seems to do no more than was needed to update.

So maybe it is only the X series that is at issue. I'm using the latest release of MM but the issue also happened on 3.0.4.1185 which i was using previously...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I've just updated my NWZ-A829 and A818 and that appeared to go fine -- with 'Auto-Sync.' option MM seems to do no more than was needed to update.
hmm, seems that was a one off! Syncing another playlist on the A829 it did the same thing - removed everything first and reinstalled :roll:
fugusushi

Post by fugusushi »

Guest wrote:Sony X Series: So, why does MM insist on removing all old content and re 'syncing' the entire playlist - rather than just adding the one or two new tracks.
(logged in this time)
this time when I Synced, it worked as it should do - just put across the newley added tracks. All setting were the same on MM and the device, i did nothing different - it just worked this time... i'll let MM figure it out...
ShinerDraft

Post by ShinerDraft »

I don't know if this list is intended to include phones, but my Samsung Epix works great. I use it daily, and route the sync to the SD card instead of the on-board phone memory.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> I don't know if this list is intended to include phones, but my Samsung Epix works great. I use it daily, and route the sync to the SD card

I think this list intends to include as a device the SD card rather than the appliance that uses the SD card.
Chris